Chapter Nineteen-

Goldenfeather walked alongside Echoherb. The path grew rugged, and a light bloomed at the end of the path, not yet seen. Echoherb pulled ahead, Goldenfeather following behind.

"Don't worry about what's going to happen." Echoherb and Goldenfeather reached the light tree.

The light filled the entire clearing, bright as day. Goldenfeather stared up at it in amazement.

"Wow." Goldenfeather breathed. Echoherb smiled and jumped on a low hanging branch. Goldenfeather launched herself at the tree, and scrambled onto the branch above her.

"Press your nose against the tree trunk, and let yourself fall asleep." Echoherb pressed her nose against the bark, and was asleep in seconds. Goldenfeather shook, and did the same. Dark sleep flowed over her, and swept her away.

Goldenfeather awoke to blue. She looked down and saw She was standing on a small circle of mist. It swirled, But She didn't feel it. The sky was pure blue, no sun or moon.

"Welcome." A voice drifted through the air. Goldenfeather looked around nervously.

"Who's there?" She called. All was silent.

"It's time." The voice came closer, and golden eyes drifted in the air in front of Goldenfeather.

"You must receive your nine lives....."