Chapter Twenty-Four-

Deathmoon forced herself to stand up. Dragonfur's blood stained her face from where She had been laying. She grabbed his scruff again, and started to drag him towards the close camp.

She fell over in the middle of the camp, Dragonfur slumping next to her. She faintly heard a screech, but She felt too tired to notice who it was.

"She's still alive. She just needs some rest." A voice said. "Dragonfur......I think he's still alive. Help me bring them to my den. CAREFULLY!"

Deathmoon felt herself being dragged. The scent of herbs hit Deathmoon, and She knew where She was. But it didn't last long, because sleep drifted over her.

~•~

~Time Lapse of 1 day~

Deathmoon awoke to see the familiar roof of the medicine cat den. She stood up, and tried to stretch. A yelp of pain came from her as She stumbled out of the den. She didn't see Dragonfur in there.

Cats rushed to see her, alerting the rest of the clan She was out. She didn't see Jaggedstar.

"You're alive!"

"I can't believe you're out already!"

"Give her some space!"

"Let me through! Keep in mind She doesn't know of what happened! Let me tell her!" Shadefrost's commanding voice parted the crowd. He appeared, and his pelt was littered with fresh scars.

"Where's Dragonfur?" Deathmoon demanded. Shadefrost looked at her.

"Out hunting. He was healed by StarClan this morning. StarClan healed us a little bit, and you and him were healed completely. It's very strange." Shadefrost told her.

"Where's Jaggedstar?" She whispered, dreading the answer.

"Well....he's um..... truth is.....he's.....dead." Shadefrost shuffled uneasily. Deathmoon felt loss stab her. He had been like a father to her.

"You're joking." Deathmoon growled.

"I'm afraid not." Shadefrost whispered.

"Where is He?"

"Buried outside the camp."

"Where is Freezeherb?"

"Gathering herbs."

"Please tell me this is a joke." Deathmoon begged. Shadefrost dipped his head.

"I'm sorry, But this isn't a joke. He really is dead, and you really are our leader." Shadefrost grew irritated. "Look, when Freezeherb gets back, you two are going to the moontree. Understand?"

"Not until I see Dragonfur." Deathmoon raced out of camp, muscles screaming.

She found Dragonfur's scent, and followed it.