I Know There's So Much More

WARNING~~Long Chapter

*Ricky*

Three weeks. It has been three weeks since the little incident.
Carol and Dana are completely fine, and they were sent home the following day with just a few scratches.
Nini and I haven't seen each other much outside of school, mostly because of school work and her new addiction to Disney Plus.
We had one FaceTime date four days ago where we did a workout video on our laptops together that lasted about an hour and a half. It wasn't much of a date, but still very enjoyable for the both of us.
I was skating home from school, listening to my music.
It was a Friday and that meant one thing.
No school work.
And that also meant another thing.
Time with Nini.
So ironically, I wrote out a little date night for tonight in my math notebook during study hall.
Even though it was the middle of March, today was sunny and actually pretty warm.
I thank global warming for that.
What I had planned was going to Great Salt Lake.
Sure, it was about an hour drive, but we would have dinner there and just enjoy the view of being by the water.
Again, it was close to 70 degrees, which is an insanely high temperature for Utah in March.
I got home and immediately texted Nini.

Me: Hey, Nins :)  Listen, no questions asked. I need you to dress up a little bit. I'll pick you up in 15 minutes.

It took her almost no time to respond. She was probably with Kourtney, getting a ride home from school.

Nini: what's going on?
Me: Hey, I said no questions...
Nini: um...okay. well i guess i'll see you soon <3

My dad was upstairs in his room, watching TV so I quickly entered and told him I was taking Nini to Great Salt Lake and that I would be back around 9:00.
"Rick, it's the middle of March," he told me.
"Yeah, so?"
"You can't take her on a date outside. You both will be freezing."
"It's nice out," I told him. "And plus, if it gets too cold, my car has heat."
My dad sighed, knowing he lost this battle.
"Have fun," he said.
I smiled and went to my room.
I grabbed a black Nike backpack from my closet and put a sweatshirt, sweatpants, blanket, water bottle, and a towel.
I put on swim shorts...just in case.
I then put khaki pants over them, which was slightly uncomfortable but you could hardly tell they were there.
I went downstairs to pack our dinner, which was my dads lasagne.
Don't get me wrong, my dad is a horrible cook.
But...
He makes the best lasagne, and Nini loves it too.
I put the two containers with lasagne in my backpack and headed out the door.

*Nini*

"Bye, Kourt, thanks again!" I waved off as Kourtney dropped me off at my house.
"No problem, girlfriend," she waved out the window and drove off.
I quickly went inside and went straight to my room.
Ricky was taking me on a date! Finally.
It's been way too long.
He told me to dress up a little bit and since it was oddly very warm outside, I decided to dress in a blue and white striped romper that had long sleeves, but with attached shorts.
I then grabbed my phone, told my parents I was going with Ricky, and then waited for him on my front patio.
I saw his car drive up the road and a smile instantly grew across my face.
I walked down to meet him in the driveway and he rolled down his window.
I leaned in and gave him a peck on the lips.
"Come on, get in," he smiled, nodding his head towards the passenger seat.
I giddily got inside his car.
"Where are we going?" I asked, putting on my seatbelt. "You look cute."
He smiled, looking at my outfit. "And so do you."
Then he put the car in reverse and backed out of my driveway.
"You never answered my question," I told him.
"Hm?" He asked, looking at me, then looking back at the road.
"You know what I said," I replied, nudging his shoulder.
"It's a surprise," he winked.

*Ricky*

The hour went by insanely quickly. I reached the road that led to Great Salt Lake and instantly Nini shouted out:
"Great Salt Lake!! We're going to Great Salt Lake!"
I laughed at her enthusiasm.
I reached the parking lot and not many people were here, which was great.
I parked the car, and we both got out.
"I packed us dinner, so we could have a picnic," I told her, opening the trunk of my car and getting out my backpack.
"Ricky I cant believe you planned all this," she said, as I closed the trunk.
"Hey, it's pretty easy when you have a girlfriend who isn't afraid to tell you what date ideas she prefers."
"I have no filter," she told me, as we walked down to the beach.
"No you do not."

We put down my blanket close to the water. The air was still pretty warm, which was fantastic.
We ate our lasagne together and laughed a ton.
"Remember two years ago when your dad made this for my moms at our Thanksgiving party?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"I never told you or your dad this, but Carol told your dad to cook a turkey for Thanksgiving."
"Wait, that's why we didn't have a turkey that year?" I asked.
"He must have forgot or didn't hear Carol right, but yeah," Nini laughed. "That's why we didn't have a turkey for Thanksgiving that year."
I bursted out laughing.
I remember that Thanksgiving year too. Both of our families shared Thanksgiving for one year while my mom was away on a business call.
I remember thinking it was odd not having a turkey, but now I know that my dad made a lasagne instead of a turkey. I feel bad for the Salazar-Roberts family now.
We both finished our dinner.
"Ricky, this night has been perfect," Nini said, putting her container down.
"I'm glad you enjoyed it," I told her and leaned over to kiss her.
"Hm," I said, looking out at the lake.
The sun was setting, and it was getting a lot chillier but I smiled at this thought that came into my head.
"What?" She laughed.
I pulled off my grey shirt.
Nini's face got red.
Then I stood up and started to take my pants off, revealing my swim shorts underneath.
"Ricky, you did not-"
"Oh, Ricky, I did," I smiled at her.
"That water is probably freezing!" She exclaimed.
"Hey, you only live once, right?" I smiled and ran towards the water.

*Nini*

My boyfriend's an idiot.
Before I could stop him, he began charging at the water, kicking up sand behind him.
Then he ran straight into the water and did a belly flop, which caused a huge splash.
"Oh my god," I whispered, laughing.
He swam around for a few seconds before standing up and running back up to me.
"Cold?" I smiled.
"Uh, no," he said, putting his hands on his hips.
I stared at him for a few seconds, wondering how long he could stand there shivering.
"Alright fine, I feel like I have hypothermia," he said.
I laughed and reached into his backpack, where I found a towel and took it out.
I went over to him and draped it over his shoulders, wrapping it around his body.
"Ricky, that was really stupid," I told him, smirking.
"Well, you have a stupid boyfriend. It's part of the package deal," he replied.
I took my hand and swept his wet curls away from his forehead.
"That was meant to impress me, wasn't it?" I asked.
"Did it work?" He questioned.
I put my hand on the side of his face.
"Not even a little bit."
He shrugged.
"Don't deny that it did," he said and walked over to his backpack and took out a pair of black sweatpants and tossed them at me.
"You look freezing," he said.
I didn't want him to know that I was absolutely the coldest I have ever been, but the shivering probably gave it away.
"Thank you," I said and put his sweatpants on over my romper shorts.
They were too big on me, but I felt a lot warmer. Especially since they were his clothes.
Ricky used the towel to dry himself off and he put his clothes back on.
Then we both laid down on the blanket, and even though his skin was still cold, when I cuddled up next to him, I instantly felt warmer.
He laid his head on my shoulder and draped his arm across my stomach, bringing me closer to him.
I loved this boy with all of my heart.