Always Dreamed It's You And Me 'Till The End

(A/N) I have a question for you guys! Would you like to see this book have a sad or happy ending? <3

*Nini*

Friday morning. One more school day and then it's the weekend. I rolled over in bed and picked up my phone, which was charging on my night stand.
My phone was being spammed by text messages.
What the heck?
Then I looked at the date at the top of my phone.
April 9th...
Oh, wow. I'm an idiot.
It was my 17th birthday.
I sat up in bed and smiled as I scrolled through all of the messages I had. Most of them were in Snapchat, but a lot were also in iMessages.
There was probably more than 50 messages.
(A/N Imagine having this many people wish you happy birthday 😳)

The first one I opened was from Ricky.
Ricky: HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINI!! Words can't even describe how much you mean to me. I hope you have the best best BEST birthday ever and I love you!

I smiled. That was the second time he told me that.
Then I opened Kourtneys.
Kourt: hey what was the calculus homework?
Kourt: HAHAHAH I'm just kidding!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE OF MY LIFE. MUCH LOVE XOXO

After I went through every single happy birthday message, I replied to most of them, "thank you!"
Of course, I wrote more of a thank you to people like Ricky, Kourt, Gina, Carlos, etc.
I got on my school clothes and went downstairs, to which I was greeted by my moms and a huge breakfast.
They had made my favorite. Waffles and fruit.
Once we sat down to eat breakfast, we all ate relatively quickly because I had to get to school and my moms had to get to work.
"Thank you so much, moms," I told them, getting up from the table and grabbing my backpack.
"Nini, wait," Dana said.
I turned around and she brought out a medium sized present wrapped in purple paper.
"Oooooh," I exclaimed, walking towards her and taking the present, setting it down on the table.
I quickly ripped through the wrapping paper, only to reveal a box.
"Awww, a box. I've always wanted one of these! What model is this?" I said, bringing back an old joke my moms and I used to say all the time whenever we opened presents.
They both laughed.
Carol handed me scissors and I used the blade to open up the top of the box.
I gasped when I saw what was inside.
"Guys!" I exclaimed, picking up a brand new, light brown ukulele.
"How did you know that I needed a new one?" I asked them.
"We haven't heard you playing in a long time," Carol said. "And your mom found out that your old one needed new strings, but we decided just to get you a brand new one."
I set down the ukulele and I hugged them both.
"Thank you," I said.
"We'll see you when you get back from school, okay? Everyone will be coming up and we'll have a party," Dana reminded me.
"Got it. Love you both," I said, walking out the front door to wait for Kourtney to pick me up.

*Ricky*

I practically skipped down the hallway.
I woke up at 4:30 this morning, which is a full 2 hours before my usual time that I wake up.
I spent the whole morning printing out pictures of Nini and I, some memories from High School Musical: The Musical, and some other random, goofy pictures of her I found in my camera roll on my phone.
I also bought streamers and balloons yesterday night. I was going into school early to decorate Nini's locker for her 17th birthday.
I texted EJ, Gina, and Ashlyn to see if they wanted to help.
We were all going to meet at 6:30 in front of her locker to decorate with the stuff I was bringing.
Oh, and my concussion and black eyes are better, thank you for asking.
"Hey," I said, walking up to Gina, EJ, and Ashlyn, who were standing in front of Nini's locker.
"Hey," Ashlyn said back, sounding tired.
"Did you bring the decorations?"
I took my backpack off of my shoulder and unzipped it, taking out the bag of decorations.
I handed the streamers to EJ, and the deflated balloons to Gina and Ashlyn.
"Don't blow them up too big, I want them to be small enough that we can tape them on her locker," I told the girls.
Then I took out the pictures that I printed out. They were small, wallet sized photos, but there was quite a few of them.
EJ began taping pink and white streamers along the sides of her locker while I taped the pictures on.
In no time, the whole locker was decorated with streamers, balloons, and photos.
"Guys," Gina said. "She'll love it. Great idea, Ricky."
I laughed nervously.
"So...what's the plan?" EJ asked.
"I'm going to be hiding behind the trash can," I told them pointing to the metal trash can behind me.
"And I'll record her whole reaction. Then I'll pop up, say happy birthday, and hand her my present to her," I explained.
"Ooh, what did you get her?" Ashlyn asked.
I reached into my back pocket and took out two tickets to an Ariana Grande concert in the summer.
"That's amazing!" Gina exclaimed.
"So jealous..." EJ mumbled.
All of us laughed.
"Alright, well it's almost 7:30, and that means Nini should be coming into school very shortly. Thank you all for your help, guys. Really," I thanked.
"No problem, Ricky," Gina said and they all walked away, waving.
I quickly went behind the trash can, getting my phone ready to record her reaction to my cute and simple birthday surprise.