Think Of This As A Role Of A Lifetime

(A/N) running out of ideas...help

*Nini*

The moment I stepped off of the plane, I was hit in the face with a massive warm breeze.
Santa Monica, California.
I still couldn't believe I was here. With all of my friends, non the less.
The flight took less than two hours which was really nice and we landed two miles away from the hotel we were staying at.
Carlos suggested taking the bus to get there but EJ insisted that we all needed the exercise, so we would walk.
"Almost there guys," Ricky announced, looking at the GPS on his phone as we walked to our hotel.
I couldn't help but be absolutely mesmerized by the palm trees and the sky which gave off a pinkish glow.
Everything here was the opposite of Salt Lake City, and I loved it.
"You excited?" Ricky asked, coming up next to me and putting an arm around my shoulder.
I looked at him. "It's beautiful."
He quietly laughed. "Yeah, it is. We're gonna have a great time."
I leaned my head against his chest as we walked.
These three days were going to be the best of my life.

*Ricky*

We reached the hotel in about twenty minutes and Kourtney and Ash checked in for all of us.
"Okay, so room assignments..." Nini said, thinking, as we all stood in a circle by the lounge.
"I call sharing with Big Red," EJ exclaimed, beaming.
Big Red looked flattered.
"Alright, people," Ashlyn said, walking up to us with Kourtney by her side. "We're all set"
"Perfect," I said.
"We're discussing room assignments," Nini told the girls.
"Oh, I'm chilling with Ashlyn," Kourtney said, winking at her.
Ashlyn high fived Kourtney.
"Kourt?" Nini asked, as if offended that Kourtney didn't want to room with her.
"What?" Kourtney asked. "You've got lover boy."
Nini looked over at me.
I smiled.
"Yay," she said teasingly.
We all looked at Carlos.
"Carlos who are you-" EJ began but Carlos cut him off.
"Let's go ladies," he said to Ashlyn and Kourtney, picking up his suitcase and began walking towards the long hallway.
Ashlyn and Kourtney followed, grinning.
"We'll meet up here in twenty minutes for dinner," Big Red said, picking up his two big duffel bags.
"Sounds good," I said with a thumbs up.
EJ and Red walked down the hallway leaving Nini and I together.
"This could either be the best spring break ever, or the worst," I commented.
"Stop being so negative," she said and picked up her suitcase. "Let's go, lover boy."
I followed her towards the long hallway and our room was the last room down the hall.
Ashlyn, Kourtney, and Carlos' room was across the hall from us and EJ and Big Reds room was next to us on the left.
Once Nini opened the door to our room, my jaw dropped.
It was stunning.
Everyone's parents chipped in money to pay for this trip, but all of us didn't know how much money they did spend.
Guessing from how gorgeous the room was, they must have chipped in a lot of money.
There were two beds, the walls were a very pale blue with coral colored curtains and a huge balcony.
The comforter on the bed was a pale yellow, there was a desk, a dresser, a refrigerator, and many fake plants.
This room screamed aesthetic.
I could tell Nini loved it too.
There were paintings of the beach and ocean animals hung up everywhere which added a nice California vibe.
"This is amazing, Ricky," Nini said to me.
"It is," I smiled, and dropped my suitcase next to the bed nearest to the window.
I flopped on top of the other bed.
"Pick a bed!" Nini exclaimed, grinning.
"How about..." I started. "One bed is used to store our crap, and this one can be our bed," I said, patting the comforter.
"Not gonna happen," Nini said, starting to unpack her suitcase and putting her clothes in the dresser.
"Why not?" I asked.
"My moms made a list of rules. Number 4...sleep in separate beds."
I couldn't argue with her moms. They wanted what was best for Nini and I had to respect that.
"So which bed is it, Bowen?" She asked me.
"I'll take the one by the window, if you don't mind," I told her, getting up.
"No problem," she smiled, moving her suitcase to the other bed.
I didn't bother unpacking my suitcase, but I did move my personal hygiene stuff to the attached bathroom.
When I came out from the bathroom, Nini was still unpacking.
I crept up behind her and snaked my arms around her shoulders.
"Hey," she smiled, turning to look at me.
"We still have ten minutes before we have to meet the others for dinner," I reminded her.
"Oh yeah?" She smirked.
I nodded.
"Then what do you suggest we do?" She asked, hugging my waist.
I bent down slightly and kissed her.

*Nini*

As soon as he kissed me, the image of my moms telling me their set of rules kicked into my brain and I pulled away, leaving Ricky with a puzzled face.
"Nope," I said, smiling.
"What-"
"Rule number six: no prolonged kissing," I told him.
"That was the farthest thing from prolonged!" He exclaimed.
I quietly laughed at his sudden outburst.
"I'm kidding," I said to him. "They didn't even mention that."
"So we can't sleep together but we can kiss for a prolonged amount of time?" He asked.
I smiled up at him as he put his hands on my waist.
"Seems about right."
But instead of kissing, we both fell into a hug, almost as if we couldn't support ourselves on our own.
Almost as if we needed each other to keep standing.
I leaned my head on his shoulder and we stayed hugging in the middle of the hotel room, the sun shining dimly through the balcony window.
"Promise me you will never leave," I told him.
Ricky hugged me a little tighter, as if afraid I might disintegrate.
"I can't," he replied, then took a deep breath. "But I will do absolutely everything I can to try."