What If I'm Everything That I Was Meant To Be?

*Ricky*

Dammit.
That had to have been the worst thing anyone could ever say to someone after not seeing them for a month.
'Hey, Nini. It's so great to see you! Oh yeah, I kissed a girl while I was in Chicago.'
Smart.
I skated to her house, knowing she ran home.
I noticed that her moms weren't home, because there were no cars in the driveway.
I saw that Nini's lights were on in her bedroom, but her curtains were closed.
She must have ran fast.
I walked up to her door, propping my skateboard against her house.
I hesitated before knocking.
Should I give her more time?
Does she need to be alone?

*Nini*

I've never been the one to get really jealous.
Everyone gets jealous, so I couldn't blame myself.
But I have never been so disappointed in Ricky. Not exactly Ricky, but also in myself.
I should have done more to make him want to stay here.
If he hadn't gone to Chicago, he never would have kissed the girl.
I heard a knock at my front door, and I knew exactly who it was.
I looked out of my window and saw Ricky standing at my front door, waiting to be let in.
The last person I wanted to talk to was Ricky.
I was thinking of calling up Kourtney, but I didn't want to bother her with drama while she was on vacation.
Ricky knocked again.
I sighed, and decided I was only going to talk to him for awhile, then tell him that I needed to be alone.
I went downstairs and opened the door, just about half way, so I could see him through the crack in the door, not inviting him in just yet.
"Nini, do you think that we could talk?" He asked, innocence in his voice.
"I don't think I have anything to say to you," I replied.
"That's fine," he sighed, awkwardly. "I just want you to listen to me."
"Ricky, I-"
"I can explain everything."
I paused for a moment.
"Okay," I gave in, and opened the door, inviting him inside.
We came inside and I closed the door, walking towards my living room.
I didn't want him in my room today. At least, not yet.
We both sat down on the couch, sitting as far away from each other as possible.
"So?" I asked, a little impatient.
"So...um," Ricky cleared his throat.
"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry."
I rolled my eyes.
"Sorry?" I said.
"Yes," he replied. "I'm sorry."
"You think you can just apologize after cheating on me, and then think that everything's okay?" I exclaimed.
"Woah, woah!" He said, standing up, putting his hands in front of him.
"I didn't..." he stuttered. "Can you just let me finish?"
We both looked at each other for a few moments.
"Go ahead," I said quietly.
He sat back down.
"Like I wanted to say before, I'm sorry."
I opened my mouth to say something, but he put his hand up to stop me.
"I didn't cheat on you. I never would cheat on you, understand?" He asked.
"I can't believe that truly," I admitted.
"Okay. I get that," he said. "But I'm going to tell you what happened okay?"
I nodded.
"My neighbor, Anna, wanted to work on our US History project together. Trust me, if I could have gotten out of it, I would. But you and I both know that I suck at history, and she was good at it."
I started to listen more, because what he was saying didn't sound like a lie.
And Ricky was terrible at lying.
"We were in my room working on the project. Then when we were finished, I said goodbye to her, and she kissed me."
My body tensed up when he told me.
The thought of someone else's lips on his just made my blood boil.
"What did you do? Did you kiss her back?" I asked.
"I was really startled at first and I didn't really know what had happened," he explained.
Classic Ricky.
"But then I told her that I have a girlfriend. She couldn't really accept that, and hinted at breaking us up. That's when I told her to leave my house, and she did."
I smiled at his loyalty.
Then I mentally kicked myself. I had been such an awful girlfriend.
"Ricky, I'm so sorry. I don't even-"
Ricky laughed awkwardly.
"It's okay. I just needed time to explain myself."
"I've just been worried lately. I kinda figured that this was going to happen sooner or later."
"What would happen?" He asked.
"You moving on quickly."
"Nini, why would you think I would do that?"
"Because I'm not good enough, I suck at showing how much I care about you, and-"
"Nini, stop," he interrupted.

*Ricky*

"Not good enough? You are...everything," I told her.
"Ricky..."
"You don't believe me?" I asked her. "I thought about you every single day. I couldn't sleep at night sometimes."
"Then why did you seem so sad when we FaceTimed the past few days?" She asked.
I moved closer to her.
"Because I couldn't bring myself to do it."
"Do what?"
"I kept thinking of ways of ending our relationship. I was going crazy, Nini. But every time I picked up your call, I was reminded that I'm dating the most beautiful, talented, kind girl. I couldn't give that up no matter how hard I tried."
Her face softened and she smiled.
"I don't know what to say, Ricky," she said, getting a little teary eyes.
"An apology would be nice," I admitted.
We both laughed.
She moved closer.
"I'm sorry," she smiled, putting her hand on my chest, then moving it down my stomach.
I winced under her touch and the flashback from a week ago played in my mind.

•FLASHBACK•

"Hey, Ricky!" Jace called, attempting an ollie on his skateboard.
"Hey," I said, skating towards him.
I liked to hang out with Jace and his friends.
I met them a few days ago at the skatepark, and we come here almost every day.
"Have you been practicing?" Jace asked, his friends coming to join him.
They were all looking at me.
Okay, Jace wanted me to learn how to kick flip.
He showed me a few times, and he was a natural.
I on the other hand, was a natural disaster.
I have never done one before, and no, I didn't practice.
"Uh...yeah," I lied, trying to impress Jace and his friends.
"That's good! Let's see," one of his friends said.
Shit.
"Uh, okay," I said, getting a little nervous.
I walked over to a medium sized ramp, put my board down at the top, and took a deep breath.
I can do this.
It's not that hard, I've been skating all my life.
I rode down the ramp, and then shifted my weight to the side of the board, and jumped, flipping the board.
I didn't exactly land on the board the right way.
The board didn't flip all the way around and my foot slipped, causing me to fall backwards, kicking the board out in front of me.
I landed on the concrete really hard and heard a crack from somewhere in my body.
My stomach hurt like hell.
I held my side and groaned.
"Ricky, are you alright?" Jace asked, him and his friends coming up to me. "That was pretty cool, bro."
I put my hand on my left side, where it hurt the most and squeezed my eyes shut.
"Yeah," I gasped.
"Do you need me to call someone? Like an ambulance?" He asked.
"My moms boyfriend," I said, but winced at every word.
Using my right hand, I reached into my pocket and handed Jace my phone.
The movement caused the pain in my side to erupt and I cried out.

•END OF FLASHBACK•

"Oh. Sorry, Ricky," she said. "Did I hurt you?"
I didn't want to tell her about what happened.
She had too much to worry about right now.
"No, I'm fine!" I reassured, even though the pain killers were wearing off.
"You look tired," she noticed, placing a hand on my face.
"A little," I chuckled.
"I'll let you get back home," she told me, removing her hand. "I'm sorry, again."
"Don't worry about it. I'm glad we're on good terms," I said, standing up, her following my motion.
I gave her a kiss and I walked out of her house, grabbing my skateboard.
The pain suddenly came back for a quick moment and I winced.
I needed to take more pain killers before I went to bed.