Dreams Are Meant For Sleeping

*Nini*
Ricky is back in town. The thought just made me want to kiss him again.
We ran into town, smiling like idiots.
I had the worst day today, and somehow Ricky managed to turn it all around.
No words described how much I cared about him.
We ended up going to my moms cafe in town, and when we both sat down, Dana came over to give Ricky a hug and took our orders - two milkshakes and a plate of French fries.
"So tell me everything," I asked, still grinning.
"Everything?" He smiled.
"Everything," I repeated.
He quietly laughed.
"Uh, it wasn't great," he admitted. "The teachers were kind of annoying and I couldn't join in on the musical because I came to the school too late."
"Yeah, well maybe that's best because you would of have to quit since you moved back," I told him.
"True."
"So hows your mom, if you don't mind me asking."
Ricky sighed.
"To be one hundred percent honest with you, not so good. I mean, she's physically fine, but she works all the time and I never really got to see her. It was mainly just Todd and I," he explained.
"And how was he?"
"He was actually the reason I came back," he said. "He was the one who bought me the plane ticket."
"Seriously?"
"Yeah!" He exclaimed. "I guess he figured he knew I missed my life back here and he wanted to see me happy. He's not so bad after all."
"Ricky, I'm so happy that you have a good relationship with him now," I smiled.
He smiled back.
Dana came over to deliver our milkshakes, one mint chocolate chip and one vanilla.
"How does one like vanilla ice cream?" Ricky asked me and he took his straw and threw in into his milkshake like a dart.
"Hey, I like my ice cream in its purest form," I replied, smirking.

*Ricky*

"So what's new with you?" I asked.
"You'll never guess what I did a week ago," she smiled.
"What did you do?" I smiled back.
"I snuck out."
I made a shocked expression.
"Nini, that's not very responsible of you," I scolded, teasingly.
"Right. Sorry, mom," she replied.
I laughed.
"What did you sneak out for?" I asked.
"Kourtney, Gina, and Ashlyn wanted to get ice cream, even though it was 4:00 in the morning."
"That sounds like so much fun, though!" I exclaimed.
"It was. I had a great time," she said.
"Oh!" She remembered.
"I almost forgot."
She stood up from the table.
"Where's your skateboard?" She asked.
I pointed outside, where it was leaned up against the wall of the restaurant.
She went outside, grabbed my skateboard, and came back inside.
"Nini, what are you-" I started but she cut me off.
"Shh. Just watch."
She placed down the skateboard, and hopped on it and rode straight towards me with ease.
"Wowww," I clapped.
"Nini, no skateboarding in the restaurant," Dana told her as she came over with a plate of French fries.
"Thank you," I told Dana.
Nini placed my skateboard back where it was before, against the side of the restaurant.
"When did you learn to do that?" I asked.
"A few weeks ago, I guess. I borrowed Big Red's and taught myself. When I get good, maybe we can ride together," she beamed, taking a fry from the plate and dipping it in her milkshake.
"Of course we can. Also that's disgusting."
She took a fry and threw it at me. It landed on my chest and fell into my lap.
"Don't judge until you've tried it," she said.
We ate for a few quiet moments before she spoke up.
"Did you make any new friends in Chicago?"
I sighed.
"I'm not great at making friends," I laughed quietly.
"I met a few people at the skate park, but I can't even remember their names," I explained.
"I sat next to a guy named Ryan in Biology and he was really nice. He showed me around for the first couple of days."
She smiled as she listened.
"That doesn't sound too bad," she said.
"It wasn't! Although the only person I got kinda close with was my neighbor, Anna. We worked on school projects together and she would sometimes walk home from school with me."
Nini's smile dropped a little.
"She was really nice, but it all kinda ended when she kissed me."

*Nini*

Excuse me.
Did I hear that right?
"What?" I said, my expression dropping completely.
Ricky looked like he regretted saying that last part.
"Oh. I, uh..."
"Ricky..." I said, getting a little angry.
"I didn't mean to say that," he said.
"Well you did!" I exclaimed. "So what happened?" I raised my voice a little louder than I wanted.
"It was a misunderstanding, Nini, I swear!" He said, putting his hands up as if I was armed.
"We were in my room working on the project-"
"You invited her into your room when you barely knew her?" I interrupted. "It took you months of us dating for me to finally be inside your room!"
Ricky's face got really red.
"Well, yes, but that's not the point I'm trying to make," he pleaded.
"Then what point are you trying to make?" I yelled.
"She kissed me! I didn't kiss her!"
I stood up.
I wanted to tell him how I really felt. How I felt like I wasn't good enough. Like I didn't matter to him.
But I couldn't quite find the words.
So I left.
I turned away from him and stormed out of the restaurant, tears finding its way into my eyes.