Keep Your Head In The Game

(A/N) thank you all for the love on the past few chapters!
WARNING~~Long Chapter

*Ricky*

I was the first one to leave the party.
I made sure to say goodbye to everyone individually, because it was probably the last time I would ever see them.
I tried my best to not make it obvious that something was wrong.
No one asked, which proved that I did a good job hiding my secret.
Then I met Nini out on her front step.
It was surprisingly warm outside.
"I'm going to see you again before you leave," she told me.
"I know," I said back.
Nini wanted to say something else but stopped herself and decided to just pull me in for a hug.
"It's gonna be okay," she reminded me.
I pulled away and nodded.
"Now go get ready for Monday," she told me.
I leaned down and gave her a kiss.
"I'll see you soon," I said to her and walked to my car, got inside and drove off.
Once I got inside my house, I saw that my dad was home, eating ice cream and watching tv.
We met eye contact, and he looked like he was going to say something but I cut him off by going straight upstairs into my room.
I shut the door and locked it.
Seconds later, I hear my dad come up the stairs.
He knocks on my door.
"Ricky?" He said in a soft voice.
I didn't say anything back.
"Rick, I know you're mad. I do. And listen if I were you, I'd be mad too."
Then WHY are you doing this if you know it would make you mad too?
"But you need to understand something. I thought you would be happy here with me. And even though you have so many friends and memories here, your mother and I realized that you're a bright and kind kid. You can make friends wherever you go. And Chicago? It's a beautiful city. You'll love it, I promise."
I didn't say anything, even though I wanted to yell so many things.
"I need you to start packing up, okay?"
I closed my eyes, wishing he would go away.
He did, finally, and I tried to come up with something to say to my dad that would maybe convince him to let me stay, but I realized that there was no hope.
I was leaving and that was final, whether I liked it or not.

*Nini*

The party ended shortly after Ricky left.
It was 11:58 and the last person, Kourtney, had just left.
I thanked my moms for providing such an amazing party and birthday.
I wanted to stay and help clean up, but they assured me that it was my birthday, and they would handle it.
I loved them both so much.
I went up to my room and shut the door.
Then I looked at my phone and the first thing I saw was the time.
12:01
The second thing I saw was my wallpaper.
It was a picture of Ricky and I outside of the front of East High. I was on Ricky's back and we both were laughing.
Then, not sure why, I sat down, my back to my door and I went straight into my camera roll, which was 70% Ricky and me.
I scrolled through our photos together, taking my time to examine each photo, scanning our facial expressions, scenery, etc.
One photo stood out to me the most and that was one where we were both in the car, Ricky in the passengers seat, me in the drivers seat. This was when he was teaching me how to drive.
I looked so scared, yet so happy and Ricky's face looked so proud. He was staring directly at me when he took the picture, and I was looking at the camera.
I noticed the way he looked at me in that photo.
He looked at me like I was the most beautiful girl in the world. He always looks at me like that, but this felt different.
I shut my phone off, stood up and laid down on my bed.
Soon enough I was crying.
On my birthday.
My 17th birthday.
I cried into my pillow, trying not to make any noise so my parents don't come in and check on me.
"It's not fair," I yelled, feeling my pillow become wet.

*Ricky*

It took me almost 3 hours to get about 1/8 of my room packed up. I didn't want to take all of it, but I wanted a lot. All of my stuff had too much sentimental value.
For example, the simple Guide To Video Games that Big Red bought me just a few months ago.
Another example, my skateboard. I wouldn't be riding it at all, probably.
Chicago was a city.
Not ideal for skateboarding.
Another example, a picture frame of Nini and I. It was our picture from the Christmas dance. The night I asked her to be my girlfriend.
I gently tossed the picture into the box I was using to pack up my stuff.
I looked at the clock and it was 3:22 in the morning.
I didn't know when I was going to see Nini but I knew that when I did, it was not going to be easy for the both of us.
I didn't know what was going to happen with our relationship.
Could she handle a long distance relationship? Could I?
As if on cue, I heard my phone buzz.
I looked down and it was a text from Nini.

Nini <3: hey. I've been thinking about you
Me: oh yeah?
Nini <3: yeah
Me: what have you been thinking about me?
Nini <3: I've been thinking about how we only have 2 days left until you leave. I don't know what I'm going to do without you.
Me: Nini, I don't know what's going to happen in 2 days when I leave. I don't know what's going to happen to us. But I think I have an idea of what's going to happen in 10 minutes.
Nini <3: and what's that?

I quickly grabbed a jacket, raced down the stairs, out the door and into my car.
Nini <3: Ricky?
Nini <3: hey, Ricky?
Nini <3: umm, what's going on?
Nini <3: RICKY
I turned the key to start the ignition and drove a little too fast to her house.
Once I reached her driveway, I knew her moms would be sleeping so I threw a rock at her window, 80's style.
She immediately opened up her window.
"Ricky?!"
"Come on," I said, motioning for her to come down with me.

*Nini*

What was going on through this boys head?
"Come on," he told me.
I looked behind me, at my jacket, then back at him.
"Ricky, it's 3:30 in the morning," I reminded him.
"Nini, I...I don't have anything to lose. 3:30 AM, or not. I want...no," he stopped.
"I need to be with you. Right now," he corrected.
I stuck my hand out of the window and felt a few raindrops hit my bare skin.
"It's starting to rain," I told him.
"Then let it!" He exclaimed.
I wondered if my parents heard that.
"The rain doesn't give a shit!"
He put both hands up to his hair.
"I love you, Nini," he told me.
"Now come on. Let's be stupid teenagers," he smiled, the rain making his curls sag in front of his face.
I grinned and grabbed my yellow raincoat from my closet, quickly pulled my hair back in a low ponytail and climbed out of my window.
Ricky stood just below me and I jumped down, landing in his arms.
As soon as his arms wrapped around me to catch my fall, I felt safe.
He stood there for a few seconds, still holding me bridal style.
Then he let me down and took my hand.
We ran into the street, the only light coming from the street lights that were lined down the road, which led into town.
Since Ricky didn't have a rain coat or a jacket with a hood, his hair was all plastered to his face.
We ran together, down the middle of the street yelling into the night, hand in hand, not caring about a single thing except each other.

(A/N) kinda a cute chap. Hope you enjoyed!