Part 15

Justin's POV
~~~~~~~~~~
It has been a couple weeks since my accident. And I'm out of the wheelchair and now using crutches to maneuver. Sophie's birthday is coming up soon and I want to do something really special. But after what I found out yesterday, her sweet 16 may not be soo sweet after all.

(Flashback to yesterday morning)

Sophie came running into the living room, her eyes full of tears, and her cell phone to her ear. "Ok. I understand. I'll be there as soon as I can. Love you too Mom. Bye." I walked up to her and wrapped my hands around her waist. "What's wrong baby?" She put her head into my shoulder and was silent for a minute. When she finally arose, she said "It's my grandpa. He had a major heart attack last night. They gave him 2 weeks to live." I knew how close I was to my own grandfather, so I understood her emotion immediately. "What can I do?" She wiped her eyes. "I need to fly to Minnesota. My mom is already almost there. That's where my grandpa is." I just nodded. "Do you need me to come?" She shook her head. "I need to deal with this alone." I left her sitting on the couch and went to tell Scooter about the tickets. He made a few phone calls and a few hours later, we were driving Sophie to the airport. I walked her inside and bought her ticket. We sat down and waited for her plane to be announced. "I love you Justin." She grabbed my hand and held it with both of hers. "I love you too." Tears started falling down her cheeks again. I couldn't help but feel bad. "Sophie, everything is going to work out. It'll be okay." Her hands got shakier with every word that I said  "But that's just it Justin. Everyone says it will be okay, but it never is." Just then, they announced her flight and we both stood up. I leaned down and kissed her slowly. "It will be fine." She smiled at me then grabbed her bags. I watched her walk outside, onto her plane before meeting Scooter at his car. We drove back to the tourbus in silence.

(Back to the present)

'How is he?' -Justin ......Sophie texts me everytime something happens.
'Still not looking too good!' -Sophie
"Justin time to go." Mom yells from the kitchen. "Ok. One sec."   'Have to go. Bye'-Justin
I put my phone in my pocket and headed out the door. I sat in the passenger seat of my mom's car and threw my crutches in the back.
"Ready to get that cast off?" Mom asked as she put the key in the egnition. "Boy am I ever!" I couldn't wait. I could do concerts again!! I could drive again!!(If Mom ever lets me). We drove to the doctor's office and went inside. I sat on the examination table with Mom by my side. The doctor came in with some sort of tiny saw. I put my leg out and he started sawing the plaster of my cast. After a few minutes, my leg was free. I leaped off the table and almost fell on my face. Mom started laughing but I just scowled at her. She held my shoulder and helped me walk out to the car. When I sat down, I felt my phone vibrate. Can you fly down here? -Sophie  .. Uh oh. "Mom take me to the airport." She drove to the bus, I packed, and we drove back out to the airport. I bought my ticket and boarded the earliest flight to Minnesota. I found the closest hospital and walked inside. I walked up to the front desk. I didn't know what the man's first name was. So I asked for Harlander. The nurse nodded her head then told me to go up to room 5D. Holy crap! A room on the fifth floor! That meant I had to ride the elevator! But it was for Sophie, I could handle this. I walked over to the elevator door and pushed the 'up' button. I walked in beside several people but found a spot against the wall. "Where to?" A man beside the door asked. I caught my breath enough to say, "Fifth floor." He nodded and pushed the button labeled '5'. We rode the elevator up to floor 2. And then every floor before 5. I finally felt the elevator stop and I ran out. I saw 5D almost immediately and ran inside. There I saw an empty hospital bed and Sophie's mom asleep in a chair across the room. "Mrs.Harlander?" I said a little louder then expected because she woke almost instantly. "Oh, Hi Justin. I'm glad you got my text." I was confused but just kept listening. "My dad passed last night. Sophie doesn't know yet. I thought you would be the only one who could comfort her." She had little emotion to her face but her eyes were red. So I knew she'd been crying. "Where is she?" She closed her eyes for a second but then stood up. "In the cafeteria. She woke up really early. So I told her that her grandfather wasn't awake yet." I nodded and ran for the stairs not caring about the elevator. I jumped down a flight of steps at a time. I skipped like 7 stairs. A walk that normally would have taken 20 minutes, took me 5. I got to the first floor just in time to see Sophie leaving the cafeteria. I ran up behind her and grabbed both of her hands. She grabbed her purse and hit me with it.  "Ow! What did I do?" She turned around so she could face me. "You scared me." She leaned up and kissed me. "What was that for?" She took my hand and started walking down the hall. "For being the best boyfriend ever and hey....."  I looked at her with utter confusion. "You'r cast is off." I nodded. "Yeah isn't it great? Ok continue. Why am I the best boyfriend ever?" She gave me a light punch but then laughed. "You said everything was going to be fine. And I think it actually might be. Justin, I think my grandpa is going to be okay!" I felt my heart drop into my stomach. I swallowed hard before trying to explain anything.
"Ummm.....Sophie, there's something I need to tell you." She found a bench near a vending machine in the far hallway and sat down. I sat down next to her and told her all I knew. That her grandpa died last night. And that her mom didn't want to tell her too soon. I don't see why I always have to be the one to hurt Sophie. It sucks! I already had to hurt her like three times. This time would probably be in the tops. "Oh." Was all she could say before she ran down the hallway and out the front door. I followed her. I watched her sit down beside the building and put her head in her knees. I went over and sat beside of her. "I'm sorry, Sophie." She stood back up and started walking back inside. "Justin, it's not fair."  We   both walked in together. She put her head on my chest. "I know ,Sophie. I know."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay!!! No more writer's block...Every part after this should go up pretty fast..unless the block hits me again haha...but it shouldn't...
Vote or Comment!!!!!