She's with us

Alexis brushed her hair letting it flow down her back and put her equipment in her bag before sitting down and waiting for the team to finish, by the end of practice the team were all pretty close friends. 

They would be leaving to fly to LA tomorrow and everyone was excited to take on the world. Lexi knew there was one thing she had to do before she left. She had to tell Ellie that she would be playing in the junior olympics.

The girl stood up, in a trance. Her feet dragging towards the door as she thought about her friend. She felt a hand grab hers and snapped out of it, turning around to see her boyfriend grinning down at her "Where you going cutie?" he asked her smiling.

She looked up at him and spoke in almost a whisper "I'm going to tell Ellie we are representing USA in the olympics so she knows to come with me, its been, well it was her dream since we we were babies" she choked out at the end.

Adam looked down at her sadly "I'll come with you" he reassured her 

She looked up at him "are you sure?, you haven't ever visited the grave before"

Truth was the boy hadn't he had simply found it too hard, he loved Ellie like a little sister, their bond was almost as tight as his and Lexi's. He hadn't experienced death in his life other than distant relatives that passed away. The boy had been too busy worrying about Lexi that he hadn't gotten to mourn himself yet. Truth be told he needed to cry, he needed to see her so he could move on. 

Also though he knew he had to be there for his girlfriend.

The two wordlessly walked past the rest of the ducks, just shooting them smiles as they held hands and walked towards the location of their friend.

Upon approaching the site Adam felt his breathe hitch as his emotions became all too real. They both walked closer to see a figure replacing the flowers at the grave before sitting down and talking.

The couple realised right away who it was. Alex Larson. The boy who loved Elliot Cruise, the boy who was Loved by Elliot Cruise but would never get to experience her touch or feel her love.

They approached quietly as they heard him talking about his week to her, letting her know he got a B on the math test but if she was there to help he would have gotten an easy A.

The pair waited for Alex to finish talking as they approach, he jumped slightly but smiled as he saw who it was.

"Hey guys, sorry, don't mind me. Just my weekly visit" he shrugged holding the old flowers that he had obviously replaced with new ones.

"Weekly?" Adam questioned as the boy simply nodded. 

"Someone has to replace the flowers, they need to live" he sighed softly tears brimming his eyes.

"You know" he continued "McGill used to visit too, he cried for weeks"

The pair looked shocked that McGill was capable of such emotions.

"But he kept bringing Lillies, I didn't know what to say to him, Ellie she was allergic to Lillies" he spoke as tears fell down his face. 

The couple just stood listening to him "you know, every night for two years, I have had these dreams, I just see her face, her beautiful face, and I reach out towards her and as i'm about to grab her I wake up and then I cry because ill never get to hold her in my arms or tell her I love her, I cry because I worry that one day ill wake up and I wont remember her, I wont remember her beautiful eyes or her contagious laugh and I won't remember how much I loved her." he sobbed out.

Lexi went to approach him but Adam out a hand to stop her, he smiled reassuringly as he walked over and approached the sobbing boy, pulling him into a hug. Adam and Alex had been friends almost as long as him and Lexi, and yet Adam had never seen the boy so lost, so vulnerable.

The boy pulled away from Adam and looked down at the grave composing himself "I love you Ellie, ill be back in a few days".  He watched as the flower on her grave tipped, rolling off and landing right infront of his feet. For him that was Ellie saying goodbye and that she loved him back.

He smiled softly at the pair putting the flower back on before walking away from them.

The couple sat down "Hey Ellie" the girl spoke softly 

"Look Adam came to see you" she smiled turning her attention to her boyfriend. "Say hello Ad"

The boy felt tears brim his eyes as the situation actually hit him for the first time ever, he never got to grieve like everyone else, it was like he was watching her die all over again.

"Hey El, im real sorry its taken me this long, the idea of coming to see you knowing you're not here just hurt to much to think about" the boy whimpered.

Alexis felt her heart break as she reached out and grabbed his hands "just because you cant see her, doesnt mean she's not here, she is and she's listening I promise".

The boy just let tears roll down his face as his girlfriend moved closer and wrapped her arm around him, kissing the side of his head.

"We made Team USA Ellie! We are going to the Junior Goodwill games! I hope you can make it to watch us, you'll be in my heart either way"

Adam Banks watched as the flower moved back and forth after Alexis' statement, he wiped his eyes and realised Elliot would always be with them.

A.N SORRY FOR SAD CHAPTER, NEXT CHAPTER THEY WILL BE HEADING TO THE GOODWILL GAMES.