You guys left without me!

Lexi awoke on the morning of the teams first game against Trinidad with butterflies in her stomach. To say the girl was nervous was the understatement of the century. She sat up and looked around, rubbing her eyes lightly. She squinted at the clock seeing it was only 2am, the team wasn't meeting for breakfast till 7, she sighed huffing in frustration at her lack of sleep not realising how loud the sound she made was.

"Hey Cutie" she heard a voice croak out causing her to jump slightly, she hadn't realised the boy had woken up. She turned her attention to her boyfriend who was looking at her tiredly struggling to keep his eyes open "you okay?" he questioned, even in his tired state he worried about the girl. "Yeah, just cant sleep. Nervous about the game" she whispered back careful not to wake Charlie. 

Adam just nodded in understanding before lazily rolling onto his back and holding out his arms. The girl knew what he wanted without him even needing to speak and grinned as she hopped up and quietly walked over to her boyfriend, throwing herself onto his chest as he wrapped his arms around her back. 

The girl made herself comfortable on the boy, resting her head on his chest, turning it to the side so she could hear his heartbeat. The boy was asleep again the second he wrapped his arms around Lexi, but for her it took what felt like an hour to get back to sleep, the girl didn't mind though, laying there listening to her boyfriends light snoring and listening to his heartbeat was all she needed to feel safe and supported. 

Adams alarm rang through the room at 5:30AM, the couple woke up slowly as Lexi reached over and pounded her fist against the alarm, immediately silencing it. Adam waited for the girl to hop up before he rolled over onto his side, Lexi decided she would have the first shower as both boys weren't exactly quick to wake up fully. The girl grabbed her clothes and headed to the bathroom, she hopped in the shower, letting the hot water burn her skin. The girl jumped out after a few minutes and threw on her robe.

Walking towards the mirror she quickly brushed her teeth, washed her face, put on her deodorant and perfume and ran her brush through her hair that had been sitting in a braid, pulling it into a half up half down look. The girl looked over to her USA team uniform smiling softly to herself trying to push the nerves away. She pulled on her Team USA tracksuit pants and windbreaker grinning to herself as she looked in the mirror. The girl grabbed Elliots lucky scrunchie and put it around her wrist, knowing she would use it to tie her hair up before the game.

The girl heard a knock on the bathroom door and turned to open it. She smiled softly as she was greeted with Adam Banks beautiful face, he was already dressed, she looked behind him and saw Charlie was too, the boys usually showered at night claiming that was enough, but lexi liked to shower both morning and night, she felt much fresher.

The girl grabbed her boyfriends shirt and pulled him down to kiss her, he pulled away  confusing the girl. Her mind began racing as she thought of what she possibly could have done in the 15 minutes she was in the bathroom. Her worries were forgotten when her boyfriend simply whined "hang on cutie, I haven't brushed my teeth, I don't wanna kiss you with morning breath".

Lexi rolled her eyes dramatically and let her boyfriend pass, walking towards her cousin "Morning Char Bear" she grinned as she pulled him into a hug placing her head on his chest as he rested his chin on her head "Hey little lexi" he smiled back. "You ready for the game" he questioned, the girl pulled away from the hug "I mean I guess, kinda nervous ill screw up but im pretty excited to kick butt" she said smiling at the end the boy laughed and held out his hand for a high five, she quickly smacked her hand against his.

"Hey Cutie" she heard her boyfriends voice singsong "my teeth are clean now", she turned to him and saw him wiggling his eyebrows. The girl just laughed "Well that's to bad Mr Banks, Im not in the mood for a kiss anymore" she teased. Adam Banks just gasped, holding his heart jokingly "You don't wanna kiss all this" he said drawing imaginary circles around his face. 

The girl laughed and shook her head turning around to keep talking to Charlie. Her boyfriend just groaned softly "well too bad, because I wanna kiss your pretty face" he said walking over to the girl and pulling her into his arms, she tilted her head up to look at him as he leant down and kissed her, the two just stayed in each others arms until they heard Charlie whine "man, why am I so single, also stop eating Little Lexi's face cakeater". he said as he hit the boy in the back of his head whilst going in to brush his teeth and hair.

The couple just laughed heading down towards Breakfast, knowing it would annoy Charlie that they didn't wait. They both got some food and found a seat amongst the rest of their teammates. 10 minutes later Charlie Conway came down marching right towards the two and stopping infront of them slamming his hands on the table, the action caused the girl to jump. "You guys left without me" he whined. Adam decided to let his girlfriend deal with her bipolar family member.

Lexi just reached out and ruffled the boys hair "sorry kid, you took too long" she teased him, the boy slapped her hand away. "For the last dang time Lexi, I am older and bigger than you. You cant call me kid". 

Lexi realised her cousin was maybe actually a little mad they left, she looked up at him will sad eyes "sorry we left you char, I didn't know you'd get so upset". Charlie wasn't actually angry, he was just joking but he knew the girl had a fear of disappointing people and when he saw her eyes he immediately regretted upsetting her in the first place. 

The boy simply shot the girl a big smile "its okay little Lexi, im not really mad" the girl smiled in relief her dimples showing. "Love you" the boy just laughed back at the girl that was not only his cousin but best friend "Yes Little Lexi, I love you too" he said reaching out and ruffling her hair before the boy made eye contact with Sadie and trotted off like a love sick puppy to sit with her.

The team all headed out to the bus, Lexi sat down, Adam decided to sit with Charlie to talk about something so the girl found herself sitting alone, she didn't mind though, she liked the peace and quiet. The girl simply sat and looked out the window thinking about her mum and Elliot, she felt a presence beside her and turned seeing no one there, realisation hit her as she smiled at the seat next to her "thanks for coming Ellie, ive got your scrunchie to tie my hair, we are really going to live this moment together." the girl felt a wind blow her hair slightly in response and she smiled. 

The girls smiled faded as her boyfriend walked up to the seat and threw himself in it shooting her a smile "you just sat on Ellie" she mumbled, "what was that cutie?"he questioned.

The girl just smiled, imagining Ellie screaming about being squished by Adams big butt and laughing.