You promised me..

The team were in the locker room before the Germany game, Lexi was sat across the room from her boyfriend watching as she swore she saw him move his arm before quickly holding his wrist in pain. 

No one else noticed but the small blue-eyed Girl saw and she looked at him concerned, tilting her head slightly as she thought back to the Iceland game, surely his wrist wasn't still sore?

The girl hopped off her seat and walked over to the boy, he jumped seeing her infront of him and quickly let go of his wrist. 

"Hey Cutie" he smiled, standing up and reaching out to pull her into a hug. 

The girl shot a grin back "hey gorgeous". The girls facial expression dropped into one of concern as they pulled away. "Are you okay?" she asked him quickly.

The boy frowned in confusion "huh?". The girl just sighed "I saw you holding your wrist Ad, you were in pain, is it still hurting from the Iceland game? You'd tell me wouldn't you?" the girl rushed out. The boy just laughed "I'm fine Lexi, it's not even sore". 

The girl still didn't look convinced "Do you promise?" she asked him as she reached out and took his hand. "I promise" he said looking into her eyes. The girl grinned back giving the boy a quick hug and walking back to get dressed.The boy wouldn't lie when he promised, he knew how much promises meant to her, the girls life was filled with uncertainty and for her the only thing in her mind that guaranteed she would not be lied to or let down was I promise.

The girl had so much doubt in her life, she held onto the phrase like a lifeline needing it to guide her judgements and decisions. To anyone else I promise might mean a little but Lexi Summer it meant the world.

Adam Banks watched as Lexi Summer walked away, extreme guilt filled him as he realised he had lied to the girl, his wrist was in extreme pain but at the moment the only thing that hurt was his heart. He lied to her, right to her face. He even used the phrase that meant the world, he could only hope she never found out.

The team were currently playing Germany, they were tired and due to Coach Bombay not showing  they had coach MacKay as their coach, Lexi didn't mind though the girl didn't want to see Bombay, she couldn't face him not after what was said. 

The girl was on the ice when she heard the duck call, her head snapped up and she saw Bombay standing there, the players on the ice all huddled together discussing what to do, Lexi couldn't move though. She was frozen.

 She felt fear run through her veins, afraid the coach was coming back to yell at her, afraid he was going to tell her how she let everyone down once again.

Guy Germaine in his conversation with the others turned his eyes to Lexi, he saw the girl just standing, no movement, no facial expression but standing. He nudged Charlie who was on the ice too "Dude, I think Lexi is freaking". 

Her cousin turned and saw the girl looking at Bombay, her body was slightly shaking. "Lexi" he cooed tapping the girl on the shoulder. The girl quickly shook her head as she snapped out of her trance "I uh, I cant be here, I dont want him to see me, he cant see me" she rushed out.  

She skated towards her team "can someone go on for me please" she said looking between Fulton and Dean "please" she whimpered out. Fulton nodded and quickly jumped over the boards as the girl walked onto the bench.

Her team watched her with sad expressions, she walked to the end of the bench and sat there, trying to make herself seem as small as possible. 

The girls boyfriend approached her, not even needing words to know what she was feeling, he felt it aswell, he knew how long the girl took to trust and love someone. Bombay had destroyed that trust in a matter of seconds.  The girl just looked at the ground.