The final buzzer

A.N This chapter will be different to the movie in some points, sorry if that annoys you, just let me vibe please.

Lexi  frowned slightly as the first Iceland player easily beat Goldberg and hit the puck into the net. Lexi knew what was next, it was time for Guy to take a shot.

The girl gave his hand a quick squeeze as he began to skate away, the boy turned to look at her, nerves written all over his face "I love you, you can do it G" she told him smiling, causing the boy to slightly smile back.

Lexi held Adams hand tightly, and held her breath, praying her best friend would make it in, she watched as he tapped the puck with his foot and began skating towards the goal, he beat the goalie and hit the puck into the side of the net, the girl jumped up in the air, screaming for her friend. She would have lost her balance if it wasn't for Adam Banks catching her, he looked at the girl fondly and shook his head laughing.

The game continued, Golberg had managed to save a shot but also Dwayne had missed. By the end of the shootout, the young couple were the only ones left.

If Adam scored the game would be at a 3-3 Tie, if he didn't it would remain 3-2 and the chances of the team winning would be almost none.

The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw him shaking slightly "You've got this mi amor, I believe in you". the boy sent her a weak smile, the girl could see his nerves as he released her hand and skated towards the puck, he looked over at his wrist before drifting his eyes to the bench, he watched as Charlie, MacKay and Bombay all sent him nods, the turned back to his girlfriend and saw she had thrown her gloves off and she was biting her nails, she saw him staring and sent him a grin, followed by mouthing the words "breathe".

The boy tapped the puck with his skate and began moving, he was going to do this for his cutie, he was going to score for her. 

 The boy hit the puck, holding his breath as it hit the goalies leg than exhaling as he watched it rebound into the net.

 Adam heard the crowd screaming and he immediately turned to his girlfriend, he longed to skate over and kiss her but he knew he had to go to the bench, she still had a job to do.

Lexi felt tears spring to her eyes as she watched her boyfriends shot go in, he deserved it, out of everyone. He had been through so much in an attempt to make his family proud, he had truly been a hero to the girl, loving her more than she thought anyone ever could.

She watched as he skated to the bench and was embraced by the team, the girl watched as he looked at her, she shot him a thumbs up and he responded by blowing her a kiss which she stuck her hand up in the air to catch, acting like she put it in her pocket.

3-3 was the score with both Iceland and USA still having one player to shoot. Lexi rolled her eyes as Sanderson skated up to the puck, she really hated that kid. Losing to her might make her actually lose her mind. She watched as the boy shot from far away, and she let out a massive cheer with her team as she realised Golberg had stopped the puck.

3-3 remained the score.

Lexi was last to take the shot, the score was currently tied but Iceland had gone first, leaving Team USA one last shot to win or tie the game. 

The girl felt like crying as she realised exactly what pressure she was under but she forced the tears back, she could do this. She HAD to do this. She quickly grabbed her lucky scrunchie feeling warmth surge through her body before placing her helmet on.

The girl took a deep breath, and began to skate to her position,turning to look over at her boyfriend and two best friends on the bench. She could win the game, she just had to score, or else it would end in a tie.