What did you just say?

Adam and Lexi were savouring the day off the whole team had by spending the day together, Charlie was out with Luis and Ken but would join the pair later.

The young couple were out on the soccer training pitch, games were on today so they knew no one would be there. The girl had her head in the boys lap as he stroked her hair, he was leaning against his elbows.

"Hey Lexi" Adam asked softly as the girl hummed in response. "I love you". he said looking down at her looking into her eyes. 

The girl sat up shuffling slightly away from the boy, she shook her head frantically in disbelief "what did you just say?" she asked softly. 

The boy grinned at her "I said I love you".

"You cant love me" the girl said somewhat angrily. 

The boy's grin dropped "what?"

"You cant love me, not me. You don't know what your talking about. I am not made to be loved" she said as her tone softened.

The boy frowned "But I know I love you Lexi?"

"How?" she questioned, not believing that she was deserving of his love. "how do you know if you love someone?"

"All I know is that every time you're around I find myself needing to be close to you, when I see you its like time stops, we are the only two in the world. I zone out because im stuck staring at your beauty, when you laugh I laugh because that noise is literally my favourite sound in the world. You are the most beautiful girl ive ever seen with the kindest and most caring heart. I know that when you hurt I hurt and I know that when you cry I cry. Without even realising it you taught me a lot of things Lexi summer, you taught me how its okay to feel extraordinary about someone and I had to choose between breathing and loving you I would use my last breath to tell you I love you and I have loved you for 10 years, ive just finally now gotten the courage to say it".

The girl had her hand to her mouth as she took in the boys words "Oh" she muttered as tears filled her eyes. "I don't know what to say". 

"You don't have to say anything" the boy smiled "not if you aren't ready, I just had to tell you"

The girl began speaking "All those feelings you said you have, I have as well. Whenever im sad I count on you to support me, whenever you smile I feel my heart stop, whenever you take my hand or kiss me I feel electricity shoot through my body. Whenever we are in a room im always looking for you, I always want to be around you . You are the only person in this world who can genuinely make me smile. I never thought anyone was capable of loving me, I can be annoying and stupid and a disappointment but you put up wth me anyway and never complain " The girl gasped as she covered her mouth once more as realisation hit her.

"I love you Adam Banks" she laughed "I am completely and utterly head over heels in love with you,  I want all of you, forever, you and I every day"

The boy grinned as the two hopped up. Lexi walked towards him tears jumping into his arms as he picked her up and they shared a kiss, "I really truly do love you" she smiled widely. 

The two felt heavy wind and looked as they saw the trees moving like crazy Ellie was up there running around screaming there was no doubt about it.

Charlie found the pair on the soccer field, sitting together enjoying each others company. The girl saw her cousin and kissed her boyfriend before hopping up and running over to Charlie. 

"Char, he said he loved me and I said I loved him back!" the boy squealed like a girl in happiness for his bestfriends before grabbing his cousin and picking her up, spinning her around. Tears filled his eyes as he realised that his cousin was finally getting the love and appreciation she deserved.

A.N ONLY SHORT BUT I NEEDED THEM TO SAY I LOVE YOU, IM CRYING WHY ARE THEY SOO CUTE.