You okay cutie?

Team USA hopped on their bus ready to get back to their dorms. Alexis walked onto the bus, refusing to make eye contact with anyone. The girl felt defeated, she felt embarrassed. She had thought that managed to cause a fight in the team, because she was being a baby.

Her boyfriend was already sitting, and smiled slightly as he saw the girl get on the bus last, walking on  behind Charlie. He moved over waiting for her to sit next to him but was confused to see her walk right past him, not even looking up and sit near the very back by herself. 

Unbeknownst to Adam Banks the girl was having a battle inside her head, once again trying to fight away the demons that told her she wasn't good enough for anyone and that everywhere she went she caused destruction.

The boy turned back to look at her, noticing she wasn't even moving, just simply sitting and looking out the window. He knew he hadn't done anything wrong so he hopped up and decided to sit beside her, he tapped her grinning expecting to see her beautiful face grinning back at him.

Instead the girl turned to face him, he noticed the vacant expression in her eyes although he could see the tears brimming. His smile dropped. Without a word the girl turned back to looking out the window. "You okay Cutie?" he whispered softly, afraid that speaking louder would break the girl. 

Lexi didn't even respond, just shrugged her shoulders and continued looking out the window as the boy sighed disappointedly.  The girl squeezed her eyes shut tightly as she heard him sigh, she just let someone down once again.

"I'm sorry" her voiced cracked as she finally turned to face him, she looked broken. The boy felt his heart split into two as he took in the appearance of the small girl. "Aw Lexi" he cooed softly pulling the girl into a hug as crocodile tears ran down her face. 

"I'm a piece of crap" she whimpered "I cant do anything right, I literally made the whole team get into a fight for no reason. I disappoint people time and time again and I don't know how to stop it. It's like im drowning Ad, I cant keep my head above water but everyone around me is breathing. Sometimes I feel numb. Its like im living life with a glass wall between me and the world, no matter how hard I punch and kick the wall I just cant break through. Im a mess, you could do so much better then me. Just leave me Adam, everyone else does anyone, no one ever stays." The girl sobbed out.

The boy looked at the girl, tears in his eyes at her admission. For the first time in his life Adam Banks truly didn't know what to say. "I'd never leave you cutie" he spoke softly, using his thumbs to wipe her tears. "We've been in this who mess of life together since day 1, and im sorry if it doesn't suit you but you're stuck with me forever. As long as we are on this earth I will fight to make sure I am always beside you, you are the bravest person ive ever known and to think that I will get to wake up to your beautiful face every day for the rest of my life fills me with a feeling of happiness I cant even explain. You couldn't get rid of me, even if you tried. I promise".

The girl froze. There it was. That phrase. I Promise. The girl took that phrase more seriously then anything else in the world, as far as Alexis Summer was concerned the phrase "I promise" would mean that the person would do their absolute hardest to fulfil their vow that they had made.

She looked up and her boyfriend with tear stained eyes and he embraced her, dragging her into his lap as she put her legs around his waist and rested her head on his shoulder. 

By the time the team arrived back at the hotel Lexi had fallen asleep, hanging on to her boyfriend like a koala. He was her lifeline and if she had her way she would never let go. Charlie walked up the back of the bus after noticing the pair not moving, he grabbed their bags as Adam stood up, the sleeping girl still wrapped around him. He carried her small body to their room before attempting to carefully place her on the bed, Charlie who had just pulled the sheets back for Lexi laughed as he saw the girl had her legs around his waist and Adam couldn't use his hands. The boy walked up and quickly detached the girls legs to allow Adam to lay her down.