Put. Me. On

Team USA were on the ice, dressed in uniform ready to go. Lexi was skating towards the net to see Goldberg and Averman pretending they were on a television show, the girl laughed at the two of them "and here we have cute little right wing Alexis Summer" Averman said pulling the girl to stand inbetween them,  he used his hockey stick as a mic as he pretend to interview her "So Lexi, these guys are about 4 times you size, how do you think you'll survive this game? Any tactics"

The girl rolled her eyes, shoving the boy "Um my tactic is just to kick ass I guess?" she said unsurely trailing off at the end. Both boys laughed at the girl, not rudely though. She shot them a small smile before skating away towards her boyfriend.

"We can do this Adam, you and me" she said to him patting his arm, the boy just smiled down at her "I love you cutie". The girl felt her heart explode at the expression being used, she was pretty sure the feeling of excitement would never go away when she heard the 3 words eight letters. "I love you Gorgeous" The two shared a quick kiss before skating towards the bench to listen to the line up.

"Lexi, you aren't starting today" Coach said firmly as the girl stood on the ice ready to go. Tthe girl looked at Adam who looked at her confused, shrugging his shoulders indicating he had no idea why she wasnt starting.  The girl just nodded knowing that she couldn't really do anything and sat down on the bench.

She watched as Charlie skated into her right wing spot. Adam went to take the face off and was immediately being pushed to the ground. Dean charged in and knocked the Iceland player to the ground "come on Fool! Get up" he said angrily as the Iceland player took a dive, staying down. Lexi watched as the referee came up scaring dean and he threw his arm up in defence and swung at the ref. The ref kicked him out of the game as Bombay yelled "You're throwing him out, you can't do that! its three seconds into the game!".

The team was losing badly and Lexi still hadn't been let on the ice, she looked towards her coach who sighed gritting his teeth "Alright Lexi get out there".

The girl grinned and went to hop over the board, Guy grabbed her hand and spoke softly "be careful little lex, they hurt pretty bad". The girl just shot him a nervous smile and nodded.

The second she skated out onto the ice the girl was hit from behind, she hit the ice roughly and looked up to see the same guy who had chased her at the press conference. "You're mine, pretty lady" he sneered.

The girl just rolled her eyes and got up continuing to skate, she moved down the ice as Iceland once again scored.  The score was now an embarrassing 8-0. Bombay was screaming like a mad man.

The girl continued to skate, every hit she took hurt but she refused to give up. Ellie would kill you if you didn't try the girl kept telling herself. It wasn't until the last hit that Lexi really reached her breaking point. The girl was skating along, she made a breakaway and quickly passed the puck to Adam as she felt two large bodies between her, she let out a quiet yell of pain as both bodies pushed all their weight onto either side of her, sandwiching her in the middle.

The girl hit the ice hard, moaning in pain not having the will to keep going. The puck was iced and the referee called time out as the girl still hadn't gotten up.

None of her teammates had noticed until the whistle blew that she was injured.

"Lex!?" she heard a voice frantically yell.

She knew that voice "yes gorgeous?" she moaned not bothering to open her eyes.

"You alright, what happened ?" he asked worriedly.

The girl opened her eyes to see a worried Adam Banks on his knees with his helmet off .

"yeah ill be okay, just got in the middle of an iceland sandwich is all, help me up will you?" she groaned holding out a hand.

The boy pulled the small girl to her feet as she slightly buckled, her body exhausted from all the hits. "Okay Cutie, you aren't playing anymore. Come on to the bench, my heart cant take watching you fall down in pain any longer". he held her and began skating to the bench. She put a hand up to stop him.

"I'm fine" she stated reasurringly, the boy didn't believe her "Cutie come on you need a break" he told her softly trying to convince her to go sit and rest , she simply shrugged his arm off "I can do it, I promise" she said. The girl couldn't go off now, she had to do her team proud, she had to do Ellie proud.

The boy just gave her an unsure look "okay, but if you cant take it anymore let me know and ill get you off the ice" he said his heart wanting her off right now, the idea of her getting hurt again overwhelmed him.

The girl nodded before taking her place. She was going to score a goal even if it nearly  killed her.

The teams got ready for the face off again and surprisingly the ducks won it, Adam quickly passed the puck back to guy and the first line trio began their work.

The boy slid it to Lexi who skated forward Fulton doing his best to knock the bigger players out of the way for the three.

Lexi ducked under a players legs with ease, her small size came in handy sometimes, she quickly passed the puck to Guy before she was shoved again falling down.

The girl sprung up seeing Guy was still trying to make his way down the ice, the girl tapped her stick for the puck and Guy quickly passed to Adam who pushed the puck forward to Lexi, the girl spun around two of the iceland defenders and hit the puck as hard as she could.

She felt a player impact her as he landed flat on her back but she let out a smile as she heard the Buzzer go off.

Adam skated over pulling the girl up "you okay?" she simply grinned toothily back in response as the rest of the team embraced, the score was currently 9-1 but at least they scored one they supposed.

The girl was finally on the bench having a rest. She grinned excitedly as she watched her boyfriend get on a breakaway, he spun using two players to hit each other and fall down before firing the puck into the net. The girl jumped up and screamed "that's my gorgeous" before stopping and freezing as she watched Sanderson smack his stick into her boyfriends wrist, she heard him yell in pain and he soon skated towards the bench, Bombay not even coming to check his player.

The boy sat and Lexi was at his side in an instant as he cradled his wrist. "Are you alright" she asked frowning at him holding his wrist. The boy nodded "im fine". The girl grabbed his face looking into his eyes "do you promise?" the boy couldn't say I promise so he simply just nodded. Lexi noticed this but didn't want to push him anymore so she simply leaned over and kissed his cheek "I love you gorgeous, so im going to go deal with this asshole" she spoke putting on her helmet and walking to coach "put me on" she demanded.

Bombay looked down at her "put me on" she repeated, Bombay as confused but called Charlie off and put the girl on. Lexi Summer was focusing on  Olaf Sanderson. The second the girl saw he had the puck she skated as quick as she could, throwing her all of her body weight at him. The boy let out a small gasp as he felt himself falling towards the ground.

Lexi smiled at seeing him on the ground regardless of the fact  she was hurting slightly from the hit, she stole the puck and passed it to Jesse who immediately got checked.

The girl shortly got called back to the bench and she looked at her boyfriend who was looking at her shocked, she snorted and kissed his lips "you arent the only protective one here gorgeous".

The team had lost 12-2 and headed to the change rooms. They flopped down tiredly, Lexi leaning her head on Charlie as the boy threw arms around her in a lazy hug and leaned against her.

Bombay stormed in informing the team how pathetic the game was, the team started arguing back but lexi was zoned out, contently leaning on her cousin.

She zoned out when she heard Bombay telling them they had practice "tonight?" she heard Goldberg ask.