Shock

Ken Wu had managed to split the Iceland defence and make the score 4-2. The girl couldn't help but laugh when she saw his body go through the air and spinning, she laughed even harder when she saw ken who was only a little bigger than her start to beat up the big iceland player and get sent to the box as Fulton and Portman went crazy also eventually ending up in the box.

Team USA were finally beginning to make a comeback, but iceland just began hitting more and more, it was getting to breaking point for the smaller team and lexi wasn't sure how many more hits she could watch. Her final straw would come next.

Lexi watched as Adam was thrown into the boards, his helmet came off and he smashed his head into the wall before falling one the ice. The boy laid not moving 

Lexi felt her body freeze as she had flashes of Elliots incident, she stood still as saw the same thing that killed her friend happen to the love of her life. The girl couldn't move as the scene of Ellie replayed in her head over and over again. 

The girl was so stuck in her own head she didnt notice Adam getting up, the boy was completely fine, he just had the wind taken out of him. Lexi didnt realise the boy was up and skating off towards the bench for a line change. 

Adam skated over towards the bench and turned to look at his girlfriend, he stopped as he saw the girl shaking like a leaf, not moving as she relived the moment from the state championships over and over again. 

The boy shot a concerned look to Guy who was also frowning, he quickly walked towards the end of the bench where his girlfriend sat and squatted down as he  and took her by the shoulders "Cutie?" he said giving her a slight shake, her eyes were still trained on where Adam fell. The girl was in shock.

"Lexi" the boy said with a bit more force causing the girl to look at him. Her eyes glazed over as she snapped her attention to the boy. She let out heavy panicked breaths as she threw herself into the boys arms, nearly knocking him over from where he was perched. 

The boy was confused but held her tightly "I thought you werent getting up" she choked out, her heavy breathing snd tears causing he sentence to barely be heard "I thought of Ellie, I watched her literally take a hit that would kill her and I thought you were going to leave me too" she rambled out as she clung onto the boy.

The boy frowned as he stood up and sat on the bench, the girl still clinging to him like a koala, she was still shaking. "I couldn't help Ellie, I just watched, i thought she would be okay but she wasn't, she left me, she left me here alone and I saw you there and I thought it was happening again, please dont leave me" she gasped out.

"Cutie, its okay, im fine, im not going anywhere" he said as he pulled the girl arms length away and looked into her eyes.

"You promise?" she said softly, sounding like a small child.

The boy nodded "I promise you".

Lexi slid off the boy and sat next to him, looking at her shaking hands before grabbing her water bottle and sculling some water in an attempt to calm her breathing. The team had heard some of the interaction but mostly tried to mind their own business as the couple conversed. 

The boy was extremely concerned for his girlfriend, he knew she had some PTSD towards Ellie's death but he hadn't experienced before, he turned in the crowd and saw Alex looking down on them in concern, the boy knew lexi well too and he could see she was struggling. 

It took a few minutes for Lexi to pull herself together, informing coach she was okay to go onto the ice, she stepped out with Connie and watched as Sanderson began targeting her friend, Connie skated over to the corner to retrieved the iced puck but struggled to get it, the girl couldn't watch as she closed her eyes when Sanderson began charging at the girl. 

She heard Dwayne let out his trademark yeehaw and opened her eyes to see him skating on the ice and roping Sanderson, pulling him between his legs "where I come from, we treat ladies with respect" he said as he pulled Sanderson up. 

"Thankyou Dwayne, but im not lady, im a duck" Connie smiled as she punched Sanderson causing him to fall down again, Lexi skated over and helped the girl up grinning at her "nice punch" she stated as the pair began skating away.

In anger the boy shoved Lexi down once more and hit her arm with his stick hard as she let out a small yell, luckily it hit the pad so she would be okay but for the moment it hurt. Guy skated over and pulled the girl up as she shook the pain off.

That was enough for Adam Banks, in classic Dwayne Robertson style jumped over the boards as Sanderson skated towards his bench, pulling his helmet off. Adam approached, tapping him on the shoulder. 

When the boy turned her threw his fist out, contacting the bigger boy in the face and watching as the hit the ice holding his jaw. "Dont fucking touch her again asshole" the boy said as the referees skated over and took the boy to join Dwayne in the box.

Lexi skated over "My hero" she teased with a smile as she put a hand against the glass, Adam smiled and put his hand against the glass, making it like their palms we're touching. "No one touches my cutie and gets away with it" he said clenching his fists, the girl laughed as she remembered saying something similar to him a period prior.

Coach looked up and time was up. The team headed into the locker room, there was only one period left, and they had a lot of work to do if they wanted to catch up.