You did love her

It took a while for Adam Banks to calm down both a hysterical Lexi Summer and Alex Larson. While the boy was hurting himself he knew the other two had a somewhat deeper connection to the girl and he knew it would hit them way harder than it had already hit him.

The three were now sitting on Adam and Lexi's makeshift bed just talking about the girl, quiet sniffles coming from the 3 teens occasionally said it all, they were doing their best not to cry but they were still heartbroken.

By reading the letters it was like they were relieving the girl's death all over again, the needed a few moments to pull themselves together and mourn.

For the first time since Elliot Cruise died the three were able to mourn together, and to say it helped being around others that hurt the same as you was an understatement. 

Alex was holding the picture he had brought for Lexi, looking down on it wordlessly, the boy cleared his throat before looking up at the pair and motioning to the picture "I know I look like im pulling away but when I got home I smiled for like 6 hours" he laughed.

The boy then frowned "Why did I treat her like that? Why didnt I tell her I loved her when I had the chance" he choked  out.

Adam reached forward and patted the boys shoulder "Alex, you did act like you loved her" he reassured the boy as Lexi nodded "You complimented her every day, you made her feel special and whether you joked about pulling away from a kiss or not you always showed you loved her and I know she knew you cared about her" the taller boy informed his friend. 

Alex just nodded, taking in the boys words, lexi reached out and took the boys hand in hers "she knew you loved her and she loved you too, that girl would have done anything for your happiness, and she would kill you if she knew you were sitting here feeling sorry for yourself instead of out there living life for her in her memory" the girl spoke softly. 

The broken hearted boy realised she was right, he could mourn his lost love but he also needed to not let his sadness impact the rest of his life, he needed to move on, he needed to live his life, but it was hard and he wasn't sure if he was quite ready to do that yet.

"Remember when we all went to the Diner and we all ordered milkshakes, I really wanted chocolate but when it came they messed up and gave me a vanilla. I was pretty torn up about it, which was ridiculous, I was sad over a milkshake. Lio noticed, she had chocolate which was her favourite flavour but she swapped with me, she gave me her drink just to see me happy, weirdly enough thats when I realised I loved her, she had given up something she loved so much for me,  Alex Larson,  I looked into her eyes and for the first time I felt electricity zap through my body, you know what the worst thing was though? I didnt even thank her, I just took the milkshake without thanking her." The boy muttered sadly. 

Lexi grinned brightly quickly trying to change the subject as she recalled her own memory "Remember when we all went to the movies and Ellie and I came back from the concession stand with popcorn, Ad was hiding and he jumped out and scared me, I fell to the ground and my popcorn went flying everywhere, before Ad could even apologise El had him by the ear and made him go back to the concession stand and get me a new popcorn, then made him came back and deliver an extremely sincere apology while still holding onto his ear" she laughed hysterically.

Adam reached up and held his ear, letting out a laugh "She could really be scary when she wanted to. You know, I never told you guys this but she beat up McGill for me."  the boy said as he grinned fondly remembering the memory. 

"She what!?" Alex stated letting out a laugh as he imagined his tiny love punching out the bigger boy.

"Yeah, after I joined the ducks, he was giving me a hard time. He came over and pinned me against the wall, he was telling me how trash I was, people were just walking past. That was until    El walked up and saw,  he ducked under McGills arms and swung her foot, she kicked him right in the balls then threw a punch to his face, I didn't even get to thank her, she just grabbed my hand and wordlessly walked away about we could get caught" the boy smiled shaking his head.

Lexi let out a laugh "she was so badass, I love her" she said grinning. 

The three were interrupted from their reminiscing when the door was thrown open, Charlie Conway walked inside and took in the scene.  "Oh im sorry guys, ill go" he said awkwardly. Lexi just smiled as she saw her cousin, happiness overwhelming her that he was apart of her life.

The boy watched from the door as his cousin shot up on her feet, he shot her a look of confusion and the girl charged at him. Lexi reached him and pulling him into a tight hug, the boy though confused hugged her back just as tightly

 "I love you Char Bear, thankyou for being apart of my life". the girl mumbled from against his chest, she felt the vibrations as the boy laughed "I love you too Little Lexi". 

"Lets go for ice cream" Lexi smiled to the three boys "my treat" she added causing them all to grin. "Cheapskates" she muttered.

The two boys hopped off the bed and walked towards the girl "just let me get my car, I dont wanna walk" she said.

The boys looked confused, she was much too young to own a car. Their confusion was clarified though when lexi took a running jump onto Adams back, wrapping her legs around his waist as he quickly caught her thighs.

"Lets go engine, get fired up" she cheered to Adam "Onwards my Nobel steed" she said as the three boys laughed at her. 

The 4 children arrived at the ice cream parlour and took a seat, lexi took the boys orders before walking up to the counter, she paid and as she turned around she bumped into another teenage girl.

The girl had on way too much makeup and was wearing an outfit no one her age should wear "oh im sorry" Lexi muttered.

"Watch where you're going freak" the girl stated pushing Lexi slightly. Her loud tone caused the three boys to look up concerned.

Lexi just shot an eyebrow up "hey,  didnt mean to run into you, and I said I was sorry. Take a damn chill pill" she responded quickly.

Before the boys could react the girl had shoved her ice cream in Lexi's face pushing the cone into the top of her head and walking away.

Lexi had already been fragile and she didnt need anything else to go wrong, this girl had just put her in an offical bad mood. 

The three boys had rushed over to the girl who was standing shocked. "Are you okay Cutie?" Adam rushed out, the girl wiped the ice cream out of her eyes and turned to the counter, motioning for the boys to get their icecream. 

She grabbed her cone and looked at it frowning, before seeing the girl from before seated at a booth "I'll be back, wait outside" she informed them before heading over to the girl. 

The boys were confused but listened, heading outside as they watched through the window. "Uh she's going to that girl" Alex spoke looking at the two boys. 

The three watched as Lex walked over and tapped the girl on her shoulder, the girl turned  and snarled at the smaller girl. Lexi wordlessly shoved her ice cream in the girls face and turned around, not watching as the girl began squealing about her outfit. 

Adam watched as the girl headed outside of the shop, "lets go" she muttered to the three boys. She looked up at them "im sticky I need a shower ASAP, don't need ice cream anymore, im wearing it" she said sadly.

The girl looked down and then back up as a grin overtook her features "I must look so silly" she laughed out "but atleast I dont look as ugly as that other girl, both inside or out" she joked.

The three boys laughed "Ill walk Gorgeous I dont want to get ice cream on you". she said, the boy just rolled his eyes, "shut up and get on" he teased.

The girl grinned and threw herself on his back, enjoying not having to walk.