Save your apology

Alexis Summer woke up the next morning with a smile on her face, she looked over and saw Charlie and Adam still sleeping. The 3 all had single beds so sadly for Lexi and Adam while they could cuddle they couldn't actually share the bed together to sleep as it was too small.

The girl swung her legs off of the bed and headed to the bathroom, she had a shower and got dressed into some denim shorts, pairing it with a belt and white body suit. The girl looked in the mirror and pulled her hair out of its messy bun, running a comb through it, before washing her face and cleaning her teeth. The girl walked out of the bathroom and saw both boys were still asleep.

She decided on waking Charlie up first, feeling like being nice to the boy she simply walked over and gave him a shake, he popped his eyes open and looked to her "we need to leave for breakfast or all the good stuff will be gone".  The team had to go get their new uniforms at 10am, it was currently 7 but the hotel breakfast opened at 6 and Lexi just knew that the team would probably already be down there.The boy just nodded and sat up signalling he was awake.

The girl smiled and turned to Adam's sleeping body, he was laying on his stomach so she hopped up and sat on his back, expecting him to wake up. She pouted when he didn't even move. Charlie laughed at the small girl's attempt before hopping up and grabbing his glass of water tipping it on the blonde boys hair, his eyes opened as he gasped at the sudden feeling of coldness. "Charlie what was that for, and what the heck have you put on my back? Was it meant to hurt I can hardly feel it"

Lexi whined "I am not a what I am who, I jumped up on your back waiting for you to wake up but you didn't even move". The blonde boy laughed at her as she hopped off of his back.

She stood beside him and crossed her arms in front of her as she looked at him and he immediately stopped laughing "You wonder why we call you little Lex" Charlie added before walking into the shower, not before the girl threw Adams pillow at him.

Adam stood up smiling at the girl, She tried hold her fake anger in at the boy but it became extremely difficult once she saw his smile, the boy just kept looking at her smiling as he saw her lips tug up in a smile. He poked her cheek with his finger and she burst into laughter unable to contain herself. Adam Banks face lit up when he heard this, he had always loved Lexi's laugh it was one of the many many things that he thought was perfect about the girl.

Adam laid on the bed waiting for Charlie to get out of the shower so he could have his turn in the bathroom, the boy had showered the night prior and decided to have one when they got back tonight. Knowing they had time he laid on his back and motioned for the girl to join, she laid on top of him as he wrapped his arms around her back while she put her arms underneath his shoulders. They laid there for a few minutes before Adam heard quiet snores escaping the girls mouth, he smiled to himself as he realised she had fallen asleep.

Charlie swung the door open "you're up cake-eater" he informed the boy loudly before noticing Lexi sleeping on top of the boy. Adam gave him a look that said help me get up. Charlie rolled his eyes dramatically before picking the small girl up, he waited till Adam headed into the bathroom before he threw her back onto her bed, she woke up startled and ended up falling to the ground, an extremely loud noise was heard as her head hit the floorboards hard. "Ouch" the girl whined, tears inadvertently filling her eyes as she stood up rubbing her head.

Charlie immediately felt guilty as he rushed over "oh lex im sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you". he quickly said before grabbing the top of her head and checking for any damage. He noticed an egg forming at the back of her head but luckily for both of them her hair covered it. The boy quickly pulled the girl into a hug to get her to stop crying.

Adam had heard the bang followed by Lexi's small whine and quickly finished getting dressed before he threw the door open. "What happened" he asked as he saw his girlfriend pull away from Charlie's hug with tears in her eyes.

He walked over to the pair "I'm okay Ad, Charlie just threw me on the bed and I woke up startled and fell off, I just hit my head quite hard on the boards and it shocked me, no big deal" she shrugged out as the boy approached her, he held her head in his hands, giving her a quick peck on the cheek before smiling. "Are you sure you aren't hurt, should we go to the hospital?"

The girl laughed at her boyfriends overprotectiveness "Im fine, honestly it was an accident, im all good, just a big of an egg though" she muttered as she patted the back of her head. The boy just pulled her into a tight hug as she sighed but hugged back, sometimes he smothered her a little too much, but she liked him nevertheless, she could never be mad at such a precious face.

She turned to Charlie who looked like he had just had his heartbroken "im so sorry little lexi", the girl cut him off, walking into his arms for a hug.

"Save your apology Char Bear" she teased smiling using his nickname she used to call him when they were little "it was an accident, you didn't mean it, i'm fine". The boy just smiled at her, laughing slightly at the nickname.

The 3 headed down for breakfast smiling when they saw the rest of the team, Lexi grabbed herself some orange slices and nutrigrain, the girl didn't ever seem to have a big stomach, so couldn't each much without feeling ill. Unlike her cousin and boyfriend who had their plates stacked high with pancakes and toast.

The 3 sat down, Lexi sliding in next to Julie with Adam on her other side. She smiled at the blonde girl "Hi, im sorry I don't think we've been fully introduced. Im Alexis, but please call me anything but that, it makes me think im in trouble" she giggled.

The female goalie smiled "Im Julie, its nice to meet you Lexi".

The girl smiled before turning her attention towards her boyfriend who was eating his toast with one hand whilst holding Lexi's hand in the other.

"This is  Adam, he is my boyfriend" she smiled before nudging him, the boy looked as Lexi motioned to Julie he smiled swallowing his toast "Hey im Adam" the girls giggled

"Yeah Lexi just told me, im Julie" the three began talking about their hockey careers.

"So when did you two start dating?" she asked the pair. Adam smiled answering looking at his watch "uh 971 days, 10 hours, 23 minutes and 12, 13,14 seconds ago"

Alexis jaw dropped as did Julies "wait you know the exact numbers?" Julie asked.

"Of course, when I started dating Lexi it was the best day of my life, every day I count my blessings im with her".

Julie squealed at the cuteness while Lexi teared up, she hopped out of her chair and ran out of the room not wanting the pair to see her crying.

Julie and Adam exchanged glances before the boy gave her an apologetic look and Julie smiled reassuringly at him as he hopped up and ran after his girlfriend.

He ran down the halls to see her sitting on the floor crying, he slid down beside her pulling her into his arms. "Hey, whats wrong, what did I do? Im sorry" he rushed out confused.

The girl just looked up at him shaking her head with a small smile "im not sad, im happy"

The boy frowned even more confused "how are you happy if you're crying?"

The girl wiped her eyes "all my life ive felt like im not good enough, that everyones better than me and I didn't deserve happiness. I always felt my dad didn't come home as much because I wasn't good enough to care about. I blamed myself for so long for the bad things that happened in my life, my mum dying, Ellie dying because I really thought I was a curse, anyone I cared about always ended up leaving me, so hearing you say that about me and knowing youve been counting the minutes since we've been dating just really hit me hard. Im just so glad I have you in my life, I really really like you Adam Banks". the girl said with her voice cracking, having to stop to clear her throat a few times.

"I really really like you too, Alexis Summer" the boy muttered as kissed the top of her head.

He pulled her up and wiped her eyes as they walked together back to their seats, Lexi smiled weakly at Julie "sorry for running off, im a bit of a basket case at times"

Julie smiled back "that's okay, I like basket cases"