Ducks fly together!

A.N This chapter will be different to the movie in some points, sorry if that annoys you, just let me vibe please hehe.

The team headed into the dressing rooms, Lexi plopped down at her seat in between Charlie and Guy resting her head on her cousins shoulder as the boy fondly ruffled her hair and wrapped his arm around her.

"Did you all enjoy that?" Coach Bombay asked as he headed into the locker room, Lexi rolled her eyes, sensing the lecture that was coming. 

"Yeah!" the team yelled back, grins on their faces.

"Good, so did they, because their still two points up and we're one period away from defeat"  Bombay muttered as the team sighed, sitting themselves down at their seats.

Jesse turned and responded "If we can't beat them we might as well keep our pride" he muttered out as he looked at his coach, the rest of the team nodding in agreement.

Coach shook his head once more "Jesse thats not pride, sure when Dwayne roped that big oaf part of me cheered and when Adam punched out Sanderson I caught myself high-fiivng Averman in celebration. But guys, ive been there, I know how you feel. I wanted to cream that jerk that busted my knee when I played in the minors, and I really really wanted to go after Stansson for that cheap shot" 

Bombays eyes trailed to Lexi who was grinning "dont worry I went after him" she stated causing everyone including the coach to laugh.

The boy  continued "but you know what? My knee will heal. But if I become someone I'm not, if I sink to their level, well then, ive lost more then my knee" the girl smiled slightly "We're not goons, we're not bullies, no matter what people say or do, we have to be ourselves" Coach ended before pointing to Dean

"You, who are you?" 

Dean looked at him like he had grown two heads "Dean Portman"

"From where?"

"Chicago Illinois" the boy responded.

Lexi watched as players from her team stood up and began stating their name and where they came from. Luis stood causing a ripple amongst the team as they all began standing. 

She smiled as she watched her boyfriend stand up "Adam Banks, Edina Minnesota". The team continued until The girl was next "Alexis Summer, Edina Minnesota" the girl made eye contact with her boyfriend , the boy sent her a big grin as she blew him a kiss.

The girls mind drifted as the team started chanting about Ducks flying together, she chanted when the team did but she was too focused on thinking about the game and Ellie she had no idea what was going on.

She was taken out of her trance to hear Dwayne confidently say the most confusing sentence ever "When the roosters are crowing and the cows are spinning circles in the pasture!?"

Lexi looked to Guy with her eyebrow raised, the boy shrugged at her "Okay uh, Ducks fly together" they all responded.

"And when everyone says it can be done, ducks fly together" Bombay smiled as he looked at his team.

Jans walked back in the room, the girl hadn't even noticed he left "Now new ducks, and old ducks must unite under a new banner, and I thought perhaps, something like this" he informed them as he opened a Box and pulled out a jersey. 

Lexi turned to her cousin and she saw a grin on his face so large she thought his face might split in half. "Ducks again char" she said as she nudged him, causing him to look down at her and pull her into a quick hug excitedly. 

The girl saw her boyfriend walk over to the pair "Jeez Banks that Jersey is like more than half your size" Charlie joked as he remembered when he said that at the beginning of the games. 

The boy once again rolled his eyes "here you go cutie" he grinned as he handed the small girl her jersey "Thank you gorgeous" she smiled, quickly taking her USA jersey and replacing it with her new Ducks Jersey, feeling instant warmth and comfort. 

The team headed out into the final period as the USA ducks. They stood in their huddle, lexi knew what was about to happen and she could hardly contain her excitement, she felt her boyfriend from behind her rest his chin on her shoulders, she turned slightly and gave him a quick peck on the lips. The ducks began quacking and the crowd stood up beginning to quack too.

The ducks had a renewed spirt as they skated out onto the ice, ready to kick Icelands butt. Lexi sat comfortably on the bench as she watched her the team win the face off and begin rushing down the ice, Guy passed it to Averman, who passed it back to guy before the boy slid it to his girlfriend who shot and scored. 

Lexi threw herself in the air as she cheered for her friend "Yes Queen" her and Sadie yelled in Unison as the rest of the team on the ice embraced the girl. They were only behind by 1

Iceland responded quickly though, two cheap goals put them ahead by 3. Lexi was beginning to lose hope until Charlie called the team in to show them a play he had created, the girl was concerned for her cousins well-being when he saw the plan he had drafted "uh char-bear, what you trying to do, This isn't the NBA" she informed the boy as looked down at her, determination clear in his eyes "but its the perfect team work play" he promised.

The team trusted the boy and Lexi skated onto the ice, watching as Charlie yelled out "now cowboy" to Dwayne, causing him to nod his head and shoot the puck into the air, Lexi watched in awe as her boyfriend chased after the puck, attempting to hit it into the net.

Lexi groaned when she saw her boyfriend get deliberately pushed, getting ready to go beat a bitch again before she realised that the puck had gone in, she skated over to Dwayne and pulled him into a hug "well partner, consider me impressed" she teased in her terrible attempt at a southern accent. The boy looked at her and shook his head smiling "Thanks little Miss" he stated as the rest of the players on the ice skated over and engulfed the two.

There wasn't much time left for a catch up attempt until Lexi passed  Luis the puck,  she shut her eyes as he skated faster and faster, she didn't want to se her friend hurt.

She shot her eyes open when she heard the boy yell "I stopped".

"Put it in Luis" Coach shouted as the boy pushed it between the goalies legs.

There was 2 minutes left and Team USA was only one goal behind, This called for Russ Tyler and his classic knucklepuck, Lexi subbed off as the boy was put on. 

Iceland however knew the boys shot and quickly rushed upon him sending him into the boards and preventing his shot. 

The girl turned to her coach "Gotta do something else coach, they know its him" she stated.

Gordons eyes widened as he got an idea calling in all the players. He made Golberg and Russ change shirts, keeping the goalie on the bench and sending russ out in his place, Lexi didnt think this was actually legal but she wasn't about to ruin her teams vibe by saying anything.

Lexi watched as Guy moved back sliding the puck to Luis who skated behind the net and started the attack, he slid the puck to Russ who was quickly handed Avermans hockey stick, the boy wound up and the team let out massive cheers as they watched the puck sail into the net and tie the game.

The team couldn't contain themselves as they skated out onto the ice in celebration, they knew they were only tying and they still could lose but they felt accomplished with how far they had come. 

The whole team gathered on the bench discussing who would participate in the shoot out. It took only seconds for it to get decided. Guy, Dwayne, Fulton, Adam and Lexi. The. girl felt overwhelming nerves but also honour to hear that she was chosen. 

The 5 skated over to the over side of the rink, standing next to the much bigger iceland players as the 10 chosen teens and their respective goalies braced for the overwhelming pressure they felt. Lexi watched as Iceland skated up first.