I can't do this with you anymore

Lexi Summer found herself sitting on a bed in the girls of the team's room. She had spent the night there, she didnt want to see Adam at the moment, the girl wasn't mad, she could never be mad at him. But she was hurt, she was betrayed.

The girls heard a knock on the door and she prayed it wasn't Adam. Julie swung it open and the girl saw it was Luis "Hey girls, Lexi theres someone on the phone for you in the hall, they called your room while us guys were hanging and I told them id get you and they put the call on hold".

The girl nodded hopping up and informing the girls she would be back, she wondered who could be calling her, maybe her brother?. The girl picked up the phone and pressed her ear "Hello?" she questioned.

"Hey Lex" the voice spoke happily, the girl felt her face light up into a grin.

"Hey Alex!" she spoke back "Long time no talk, how are you going".

"Im fine, still visiting Ellie, still in love with her, still missing her" he trailed off sniffling before quickly clearing his throat.

"But uh, what about you?" he asked changing the subject, talking about Ellie hurt to much "How have you been?" he questioned.

The girl sighed "how long you got?" she laughed without humour.

The boy laughed softly "well im going to Ellies grave after our phone call but thats my only plan for today so have at it".

Lexi took that as permission as she told him all about the team, she got to the part of dean harrassing her before she was cut off by Larson. "hold the fuck up, he touched you, ill kick his ass" he growled. Lexi laughed at her best friend "Adam already did don't worry".

The boy laughed back "okay good, did he stop being a dick after that?"

The girl shook her head before he remembered he couldn't see her "he ripped my picture" she mumbled so quietly she didnt think the boy heard her.

"Your picture? You mean the one of the four of us?" he questioned softly feeling bad for the girl.

"Yeah and it was the only one I had Alex, I need a photo, I looked at it every night and I spoke to her before every game" she whimpered.

Alex felt extremely bad for the girl "I got your back, I have a few photos around, ill go mail one to you once we get off of the phone".

The girl felt happy tears fill her eyes "are you sure thats okay?" she asked

The boy responded quickly "I promise".

Lexi squeezed her eyes shut as she heard the phrase, the dreadful phrase that in the last 24 hours caused her walls to build and heart to break. The girl let out a quiet noise and silence was met.

"Whats going on Lexi?" the boy asked softly. "Im fine" the girl responded.

"Stop it" Alex snapped, not angrily just quickly "stop saying you're fine all the time. I know you're not. so you tell me what's wrong and you tell me now" he demanded.

"Adam, he uh he made a promise to me, he looked into my eyes and promised to me and he lied. I know its not a big deal but you know me, I take promises very seriously and the fact that he could so easily lie to my face worries me. It hurts me, it tears me apart inside. I love This boy but relationships are built on trust and in that one moment he didnt give it to me, it was only one time but I cant help but fear that it could happen again" the girl said quickly, spitting out information at the boy.

"Lexi, we've both known Adam Banks our whole lives and if theres one thing we both know its that he is completely and utterly devoted to you, that boy would sacrifice everything to see you happy, I'm not going to ask what he lied about, because its not my business to interfere and im no going to tell you what to do what to do because you need to decide yourself, but just remember how much he cares, you two need each other, you depend on each other. You're both like me, broken but always there to help each other pick up the pieces, try not to let him go so easily, he is a keeper." The boy spoke calmly.