Confessions

A.N mature themes and topics are be mentioned briefly in this chapter

Lexi Summer hopped off of the bus doing her best to not show her broken heart. She looked towards her boyfriend as she felt the same feeling of betrayal she had felt numerous times in her life.

For the very first time in not only their relationship but their friendship needed some space from Adam. The boy had gotten off of the bus and headed with Bombay to get his wrist X-rayed.

Despite her current feelings towards the boy Lexi was still extremely concerned for him. She didnt want him to be hurt, she knew hockey was his dream and a big part of his life.

She bit her lip in sadness as she watched the boy walk away before she was tapped on the shoulder by Connie. Sadie and Julie were standing behind the taller girl giving lexi smiles.

"Girls night, in our dorm, you can stay over, we have a couch" she informed the younger girl. The girl didnt feel like she could say no, so she just smiled and nodded.

"I'll just get some stuff from my room and let Char know then ill be there" the girl stated softly. All three girls squealed, making lexi laugh before she headed towards her dorm.

She was packing her bag quickly as Charlie walked in, his eyes widened as he ran over to the girl "where are you going? you aren't going home are you? you cant leave" he yelled as he threw her clothes down and squished her into a hug.

The girl pulled away "relax Char, im just spending the night in the girls dorm, i'll come back tomorrow" she informed him, other than Connie no one knew about what had happened and Lexi really didnt want to talk about it to the boy. "Okay?" he questioned unsurely "You good, its weird you dont want to stay with Adam". he asked her frowning slightly.

The girl didnt know what to say, so she just turned on her heel and walked out, leaving a very confused Charlie Conway.

Adam Banks had been informed by the doctors his wrist injury would mean he had to miss a few games, that put the boy in a sad mood, but nothing hurt more then when he walked into the dorms and saw lexi wasn't in their dorm room, he figured she needed time but part of him hoped she wold still be there.

"Hey man" Charlie said, frowning when he saw the boys sling "oh man, Adam that sucks, im sorry" he said sympathetically as he patted his best friend on the back gently.

The boy just smiled sadly, "its alright, its my fault, I knew I was hurt and I kept playing. Pretty stupid of me really.

Charlie just laughed "maybe a little, hey, lexi seemed pretty down earlier. She's spending the night in the girls dorm, do you know what's wrong? I'm sure she would tell you"

Adam just sighed looking down "hold up" Charlie said holding his hand up "what happened? Did you do something to her?" he questioned, his tone sounding somewhat dangerous.

"If I was to ask you what the worst thing I could do to Lexi to break her heart what would you say like the one thing she would never forgive me for?" the boy questioned sadly, hoping there was something in the world that the girl took more seriously than I promise.

The shorter boy furrowed his eyebrows as he thought "um for Lexi? probably saying I promise and then lying, that would hurt her even more then you physically cheating on her I think, ever since an incident that occurred when we were 7 she takes the phrase extremely seriously, and before you ask im not telling you the incident, she will when she's ready. Why?" Charlie questioned

Adam Banks frowned, he had been best friends with lexi since birth, when they were 7 they hung out every weekend, what could he have missed? He shook the feeling off before continuing.

"I did it, I messed up. She asked me numerous times about my wrist and I brushed it off, but this morning she asked again and I promised her that I was okay, even though I knew I wasn't, then she walked in on me talking to Bombay, ive never seen her so broken hearted dude, she just turned and walked away". The boy responded as his eyes became glassy.

Charlie didn't know what to say, he knew the boy wold never intentionally hurt lexi but he knew how much the phrase meant to her, he knew how much trust she put in someone when they used that phrase and he knew she would be hurting to find out the boy she loved had lied.

Instead the boy just patted Adam on the shoulder "just give her time, im sure it will be fine" the boy said, although truth be told he didnt even know himself.

The small girl sat with the girls in their dorm, she had just told them what had happened and their hearts broke for the girl.

"You know" she said softly "there's a reason that I am so attached to the phrase I promise. I meant why its such a bigger deal for me than it is for some, why I pray for it to come true, there was an incident once when I was little" the girl drifted off biting her lip.

"You dont have to talk about it if you dont want to" Sadie said softly as she reached for the girls hand, it was clear she was uncomfortable.

The girl shook her head "no I want to, I want you to understand. I've never spoken to anyone except my family and Ellie about this. Not even Adam knows". The girl said softly as she began playing with her hands.

"When I was about 7 I was at the park with my dad who as usual was making business calls and not actually paying attention, I was playing in the sandpit and a teenage boy approached me. He told me that he had lost his dog" the girl stated softly "so me being me I got up and helped him look, we walked around and we couldn't find his dog" she said, the girls noticed she had began shaking.

"I didnt realise how far away from my dad and before I knew it I felt something wrap around my mouth, he had tied a tea towel around my mouth so I couldn't scream" the girl looked up and noticed the girls looking up at her in shock.

"He touched me, in places no 7 year old should ever be touched, in ways no 7 year old should ever have to understand at such a young age, we were probably in there for about 20 minutes before my dad came screaming for me. I couldn't scream I just froze and the boy ran away". The girl said tears filling her eyes but she had cried enough over this man she wouldn't do it any longer.

"I uh, I attended counselling for a few months I was real messed up. I did my best to hide it and I guess I did a pretty good job because not even Adam or Alex noticed" she said clearing her throat.

"But Ellie did, and she made me tell her. The counselling hadn't been working but what did was sitting with Elliot every single day and talking, sometimes about the incident, sometimes not. But every day she repeated the phrase "It will get better I promise Lexi, and she wasn't lying. For months I held onto her words, I fought because she promised me it would get better, and as usual she was right, because it did". The girl said shakily.

"From then on in every bad situation or any situation at all I put all my trust in someone who said I promise, I knew that if someone promised id be safe, id be protected, id be loved. No one had ever broken their promise to me before, well at least no one I cared deeply for, thats why I felt so secure when the statement was said until this afternoon when I saw the boy im in love with in pain after he told me he was fine. It also hurt me that failed to protect him, I was his girlfriend and I was too busy worrying about myself to even think about him" The girl finished.

"Lex" was all Connie could get out through tears "I'm so sorry you went through that" she said as she reached out and pulled the girl into a hug. The girl just smiled "I'm over it now, Ellie promised me it would get better and It did"

The girls said nothing more, just surrounded her in a hug, letting her know they were there.