My picture

Lexi Summer sat on the team bus, heading towards the game against Iceland. The girl was nervous, Iceland was double the size of her boyfriend and her boyfriend was nearly double her size. To the Iceland team Lexi simply would have been a speck of dirt on their skate. 

The girl was resting her head on Adams shoulder as he looked at window. The girl knew he was nervous for the game so she was doing her best not to do anything to take his focus away from concentrating on the game. However in Adam Banks mind Lexi Summer would always be important than some game. His hockey career would eventually end but his love for the girl would never.

The team had hopped off of the bus and got walked towards the change rooms. Lexi was walking beside her boyfriend who was holding her hand.  The pair didn't need to speak to show their love for one another, they just had to  simply be in each others company. 

Team USA had headed to the bench for warm ups after getting ready.Adam Banks gave Lexi Summer a kiss on the cheek and headed out with the team, he knew she wanted to talk to Ellie. When the girl thought she was alone she pulled out the picture. 

"Hey Ellie, I'm really nervous for this game and lately ive been missing you like crazy, im so glad I have this picture and get to look at your face everyday and be reminded everyday of you" the girl smiled as she studied the picture, her and Elliot were in the middle with both of the boys on the outside, Adam next to lexi and Alex next to Ellie. Despite knowing the girl for all her life before the died this picture was the only one she had of her and Ellie. The children were always out playing hockey or going on adventures, they liked to live in the moment, they didn't worry about pictures because she thought they would have forever to make memories that imprinted on her heart.

"I hope when we go on the ice today you're with me" the girl finished, before she could put the picture back in her bag a hand slapped down at it. She watched as the picture hit the ground, the frame shattering everywhere tears filled her eyes, she turned to see Dean Portman standing there a grin on his face. 

"Why would you do that you asshole" she sobbed, pushing him before kneeling down into the glass. The girl didn't care she just needed to get to the picture.

"You were talking to a picture, you're actually crazy" the boy interrupted. 

"Fuck off" Lexi sneered whilst tears fell down her face.

The boy got angry at being told what to do and snatched the picture off of lexi. Holding it above his head. "Please give it back Dean, im sorry for calling you names but please give me the picture back" the girl whimpered.

The boy smirked "you mean this picture?" he said teasingly as he pulled the picture right infront of him. Lexi thought he was going to give it back but she felt herself freeze when she watched him tear the picture, right down the middle between her and Elliot dropping it as the two sides split.

Lexi gasped, falling to the ground and pushing the picture together "no no no" she sobbed through tears as she sank down holding her knees. Luckily for her Connie had been walking in when Dean ripped the picture. "What the fuck asshole! Did you just rip her picture" she said walking over and slapping him in the face. The girl knew what the picture meant to Lexi, she had told her. Connie knew how much she would be hurting right now.

Dean held his face "its just a fucking picture, they can all take a new one together when she gets home, chill it was just a joke, why do you always cry?"

"The girl is dead" Lexi gasped out through sobs dean turned to look at her "she was my best friend, but she is dead and that picture was the only one we had together, that was the only hing I had to remember what she looked like, im going to forget now, im going to not be able to picture her face". the girl rocked back and forth from her little ball as she spoke looking up at the boy.

Lexi watched as deans eyes softened, he didn't know. He realised the true extent of what he had done. The boy went to apologise but Connie screamed at him "get out dean, youve done enough damage" the boy just dragged his feet and walked towards the bench. 

On the ice Adam Banks had realised that Lexi Summer was not yet on the ice, he figured she must have been having a long talk to Ellie, the boy smiled to himself imagining the pep talk Ellie would be giving the girl if she was alive "these assholes have nothing on you, suck it up, get out there and kick some ass lexi"

The boy felt his body freeze when he saw Dean Portman walk angrily out of the locker room, he didn't realise he had been in there. Adam knew he had to get to Lexi just to make sure she was okay. He skated towards the door of the stadium quickly leaving warmups and heading towards the locker room, he passed Dean but didnt even spare him a glance. The boy threw his helmet off as he approached the doorway.

What he saw was enough to shatter his heart, Lexi was on the ground letting out heart wrenching sobs as Connie held her tightly, tears rolling down her face as well. 

"Cutie?" he asked from the doorway softly, the girl shot her head up, she sprung out of Connies arms and ran at the boy throwing herself at him and squeezing him tighter than she ever had. The boy squeezed her back. "Whats wrong?" he asked her as he felt tears brim his eyes as he felt her body shaking as she heaved out heavy sobs.

The girl just shook her head frantically "he ripped my picture" she gasped out "it was the only one I had and he ripped my picture" she continued. Adams eyes drifted to the picture Connie was holding, it was split right down the middle, right between Ellie and Lexi. The girl put the picture down sending him a sad smile before heading to the bench and giving the couple some space.

He felt his heart break but also anger "he said we could take a new one, to stop crying it wasn't a big deal, but we cant take a new one, she's dead Ad" the girl whimpered out.

"Oh cutie, please stop crying you're gong to make me cry" the boy said softly. He pulled her out of the hug and held her at arms length, the girl took a deep quivering breath not waiting to upset her boyfriend, "We can fix it, we can tape it together and get a new frame, I'll fix it, I promise okay?, I will put you back together again the boy said softly but sternly.

The girl wiped her eyes as she looked up at her boyfriend "you can fix it? You promise?" she spoke softly. The boy nodded "I promise".

The girl nodded sadly "we have to go warm up, we gotta kick butt" she said beginning to walk out.

The boy held her back "are you okay?" he asked looking into her eyes so she couldn't lie.

"No" the girl breathed out "but Ellie would have my head if I didn't get out there and kick some ass for her"