17.

Risa pov- *ignore all mistakes*

"Bestieeeee." Jiz geeked when I arrived at her house. Her mama pushed her out the way, and came to hug me causing Jiz to mug the hell out of her.

"My daughter." She tilted us back and forth hugging me tightly. Jiz rolled her eyes and took me from her, engulfing me into another long hug.

This house was really affectionate.

"She will be back to talk to you ma." Jiz's mother gave me one more wave before heading back into the kitchen. I followed jiz up the stairs and into her room, flopping on the bed.

"What's the move for today." I thought about it for a min and realized my birthday was coming up close and I still didn't have a dress to wear.

"We can head to the mall and find two dresses for my sweet 16." Jiz got up and grabbed her keys heading out the door. She poked her head back in and waved for me to come on.

"Let's goooo." Me and her haven't hung out in the longest time, she wasn't hesitant to do shit today.

"Mamiii you wanna come pick out risa sweet 16 dress." Her mother dropped everything she was doing and followed us out the door.

"I thought you would never ask." She started geeking. Jiz chuckled and rolled her eyes at the excited little lady.

"Your like the daughter I get to dress up." Valencia told me, I started smiling because she was truly the mother figure I didn't have now.

"What's the theme you going for." She looked back at me waiting for a answer. The theme of the party was a Hollywood style and I would be pulling up in the best color possible.

"Hollywood style." She nodded and turned back around and directed Jiz for a faster way to the mall. I leaned back knowing the ride was gonna be long due to the traffic.

-AT THE MALL-

"What about this one." I walked out in a big poofy pink dress that the lady picked out for me. Valencia gave me a look and Jiz just straight up nodded her head no.

"You look like a Barbie on a walk of shame." I started laughing while walking back into the dressing room to find another dress.

"You know, I think I have the perfect color for you." Valencia came up behind me startling the hell out of me.

"Oop my bad didn't mean to scare you." She grabbed onto my shoulders and smiled.

"You know, the reason I'm so close to you is because I knew your mother." My heart dropped for a moment causing me to open my mouth wide.

"Yup she was my bestie, we grew up talking about how our daughters would have big beautiful sweet 16's or Quinces, they day she left I knew you existed but I lost ahold of you as soon as you went into the system so when Jiz showed up with you at the door it almost brought tears to my eyes." Her eyes started getting watery causing her to bring her hand to her mouth.

"You look just like her." Her voice cracked deeply which made me hug her. The fact of my mother being gone ate my soul alive until I realized something.

"What do you mean left?" I questioned her and sat down on the chair. Valencia quickly cleaned her self up and sat down besides me.

"Your mother isn't dead, she had to hide because not only was your mother young, she was deep in the streets because of your father which threatened her life. Once she had you, she had to go before they killed you, your brothers and sisters and her." It took a minute for all this information to come into my head.