Chapter 16: The Sleepover

A month had passed, meaning it was already October. Cross Country season was officially over. Sophie missed it, but she was still happy to have memories to be proud of. She had won every race. That earned Foxfire the title of State Champions for Cross Country. Everyone was so proud of her. Mostly Keefe.

Keefe had been the only one, other than Grady and Edaline, that came to every single one of her meets and always came 1 hour early. He was her biggest supporter, which was what Sophie loved most about him. He was always there to support her if she needed it. She was lucky to have him as a friend.

And Fitz...

Well he never came to any of them. Biana told Sophie she would talk to him about making time to support his friends, but Sophie knew it was useless. No one knew what Sophie saw, not even her friends. Just Fitz and Stina.

And still no explanation.

Sophie made her way to her locker to get her things for the start of the day. Just then, Sophie saw Biana rushing towards her.

"Hey Sophie!"

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing much...except the sleepover I'm hosting tonight!" Biana exclaimed, jumping up and down.

"Really?"

"Yep! My parents will be out tonight and you're invited!"

"Cool, my parents should be fine with it. Who else is coming?"

"Um Keefe, Dex, Tam, Linh, and Marella," Biana listed.

"Wait...so Fitz isn't going to be there?"

"He will be dodo! I just didn't list him because I thought you already assumed he'd be there. 'Cause, you know. He does live with me."

Sophie blushed for being so stupid. "Oh yeah, that makes sense."

"Are you sure you two are good? You two barely talk and he never came to any of your meets." Biana questioned.

"We're good, it's just that we aren't as close," Sophie lied. How could she tell Biana what really happened?

Fitz kissed Stina!

This was just too much.

"Okay...well um see you later then?" Biana asked.

"Yep!"

"Great, bye!" And with that Biana ran off.

Sophie sighed. Sooner or later someone had to break it to her friends. Sophie just couldn't stand keeping this terrible secret from her friends. She didn't even have anyone to talk to about it! Grady and Edaline wouldn't understand.

Sophie decided to focus on school for now and to be excited for the sleepover later that day.

***

Sophie nervously approached the Vacker's mansion. This was Sophie's first sleepover, not that she would tell anyone that. How would she act? This was a whole other level than just seeing her friends at school. She would be sleeping in the same room as them!

Sophie, keep your cool. Cool teens don't worry about this kind of stuff. Chill!

Sophie knocked on the door. She then could hear quick footsteps coming down stairs. It was Biana that greeted Sophie at the door.

"You're early," Biana observed.

"Yep, I think I learned my lesson from last time." Sophie shuttered just thinking about it.

"Ha ha very funny! At least it was worth it. Now come in and we can chat before the others arrive," Biana said, motioning for Sophie to come in.

No matter how many times Sophie had come to their house, she still couldn't get over how huge and fancy it was. It was fit for a king and queen.