Chapter 98: The Call

Real quick, so I'm loaded with notifications so it might take me longer to answer every comment or anything else!

Anyways onto the chapter! 😀

Linh's P.O.V

"How are feeling today, Linh?" Doctor Trebert asked Linh.

Linh frowned. "I feel better but I still have a minor headache," Linh told him from where she was laying in her hospital bed. It had been a day after she woke up from her coma and she was already sick of staying in the hospital.

"Well I'll give you some medication and we'll run a few minor tests to see how your body is holding up. If everything is well, you should be able to go home tomorrow," Doctor Trebert said.

Linh sighed happily. "Thank you."

Doctor Trebert nodded. "I'm proud of you Linh for fighting and staying strong."

Linh just awkwardly smiled, not really knowing how to respond.

The Doctor then checked his clipboard and said, "well it appears I have another patient to see so stay tight. A nurse will coming by shortly to bring your breakfast. In the meantime, you can call someone if you'd like with that phone there," Doctor Trebert said, pointing to a wired phone on a table next to Linh's bed.

Linh nodded as the Doctor left. She then quickly grabbed the phone and was about to dial Tam when she realized that he said that he would visit her later today so there was no point in calling him.

Another name popped up in Linh's head but she seemed hesitant to call him.

Well there wasn't really anyone else to call.

Without thinking too much about it, Linh quickly dialed Wylie's number and her heart started to pound as she listened to the rings.

Wylie has been the one to wake her up but...he left right after that.

Was there something wrong?

That was what Linh was afraid to find out.

After an endless amount of ringing, the phone picked up which cause Linh's heart to stop. She clung to the phone and pressed it tight against her ear, waiting for an answer.

After a few seconds, Wylie mumbled, "Hello?"

Linh sighed in relief as she quickly said, "Wylie...it's Linh."

"Oh...I-I um..." Wylie stumbled.

After a few beats of awkward silence, Linh said, "um so how are you doing?"

"I should be asking you that," he replied.

"Well I'm doing okay. But I'd be doing better if you would visit me," Linh said, biting her lip as she switched the phone to her other ear.

"I-I can't," Wylie said.

"Why?" Linh asked, not knowing why her voice cracked.

"I'm...busy," Wylie said.

"But you visited me yesterday? Why did you just leave?" Linh asked, deciding to get straight to the point.

"I um had to go," Wylie said.

"Why did you stop visiting me regularly?" Linh asked, feeling tears start to rise in her eyes.

"D-Did someone tell you about that?"

"No. I was able to hear you the whole time," Linh said.

"What?! Wait—you heard everything?" Wylie asked, sounding shocked.