Chapter 4o: Feelings

Before school ended, Sophie told Biana about how Stina had been threatened and how they needed to tell Stina all the stuff they knew about the evil organization. Biana reluctantly agreed to let Stina come to her house along with the others after school.

Sophie was the first to arrive at the Vackers' house and ran straight to Biana's room. Biana was already waiting there for her as she patted the empty spot next to her.

"Hey," Sophie greeted.

"Hi," Biana said, smiling.

"Am I too early? I wanted to come a bit early since I learned my lesson from last time," Sophie said, shuttering at that thought.

"It's fine. Besides, you and I haven't really gotten to talk alone in a while," Biana said.

"Yeah, I guess we haven't with all this chaos," Sophie agreed. "So, how are you holding up after the whole Halloween incident?" Sophie asked after a few seconds of silence.

Biana sighed and looked away. "It hurt for a while, but I'm starting to feel better about it. And the more I think about it, the more I realize that Keefe and I are just better off as friends...as hard as it is to accept that."

"I'm sorry," Sophie said, placing a hand on Biana's shoulder.

"No, it's fine. Besides, I have now realized that Keefe already has his eye on someone else," Biana said, turning back to Sophie.

"Who?" Sophie shouted.

"Huh, looks like someone here is a bit desperate," Biana said, smirking as her eyes filled with amusement.

"I'm not desperate!" Sophie defended. "I'm just curious! I didn't know Keefe liked someone."

"I'm almost over him Sophie, so it's okay if you have some...feelings."

"What are you even talking about?" Sophie demanded, completely confused as to what Biana was even talking about.

Biana blew out a breath. "Wow, you really are clueless when it come to this stuff."

"I am not!"

Biana gave her a look. "If only you knew. But if you need help to sort out some feelings, I'm always here to help."

Sophie snorted. "I don't have any feelings for anyone," she said, hating how her face was blushing hard.

"Keep telling yourself that. But you better figure out soon, otherwise you will break some hearts...and oh my gosh! Speaking of, you never told me about Nick! You promised that you would tell me!" Biana exclaimed, jumping up and down.

"What? I don't remember saying that," Sophie said, nervously giggling.

"Oh, you are not get out of this! I know something went down between you and Nick and I'm dying to know! The guy is literally sooooo cute! It's so obvious that he's into you," Biana gushed.

"Really? I mean—no he is not! We just met, Biana!" Sophie said, quickly recovering.

Biana had a sly look. "Don't think that I didn't notice how you just got excited. And Sophie, he's literally into you. Trust me, I can tell. So, what actually happened between you two?"

Sophie sighed, giving up. "Well, when I ditched Keefe, I went to get a hot chocolate. When I didn't have the money, Nick just randomly comes up behind me and pays for me," Sophie said, blushing at the last part.

"Omg how romantic!" Biana said, looking dreamy.

"Stop it or I will smack you!" Sophie threatened.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Just continue," Biana said, now laying down and propping her chin up with her hands.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "And then he asked me to sit with him and we...talked. He was so funny! And he was such a great story teller! And at one point, he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and I think...he was about to kiss me," Sophie said, trying so hard to force out the last part.

"NO HE DIDN'T!!!" Biana said, squealing. "How do you know?"

"Well, I'm not sure, but he cupped my face and started to lean in."

"Oh yeah, he was definitely going to kiss you," Biana said, matter of factly. "But how come you guys didn't?"

"Well, he was about to kiss me when Keefe came and interrupted us on accident. It was really embarrassing," Sophie said, remembering what happened. Biana then smirked and started to hum.

"Um, what are you doing? It's starting to creep me out," Sophie said.

"Oh nothing. Just, looks like someone didn't want you to kiss Nick," Biana said, smirking even more as she side-eyed Sophie.

"What do you mean?"

"Just forget it, I'll leave it to you to figure it out. I'm just saying that there may be some competition here."

"Okay...still not sure what that means," Sophie said, confused.

"Of course," Biana said, looking annoyed. "Anyways, so Keefe interrupted you and stuff happened, but the question here is: How do you feel about Nick?" Biana asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, you must feel something by the way you just stare into his eyes and how you were so afraid for us to see him."

"Well, I don't really know. My stomach flutters when I see him and for some reason I just feel so...alive when I'm with him. Like I can speak freely and tell him anything I want. I know Nick and I just met, but it feels like we've known each other for so long," Sophie said, shyly.

"That might be the cutest thing ever! I totally ship it!" Biana exclaimed.

"Woah woah woah, who said anything about us being shipped? I mean, we just met," Sophie reasoned, feeling her face as red as a tomato.

"Um, ever heard of Love At First Sight?" Biana asked.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "I don't even believe in love."

"Ugh! Sophie, you sound like some grumpy old man who lives alone without a wife!" Biana said, cringing. Sophie just shrugged.

There was a time when she believed in true love, back when she was apart of a happy family. She had two parents that loved her more than anything and she felt the same. But when they died, her whole world turned cold and dark. She learned a hard lesson that love never lasted and she was just some silly girl that thought life was going great. She learned it the hard way when life just tore her world apart. Ever since then, Sophie hasn't been able to believe in true love again, even with Grady and Edaline.

She did love her adoptive parents, but it just wasn't the same as when she had her real parents.

"Um hello? Grumpy old man? You there?" Biana said, snapping her fingers in front of Sophie's face.

Sophie glared at Biana. "Shut up!"

"Not until you admit that you love Nick!" Biana sang.

"Omg you're never going to let this go, are you?"

"Nope!"

Sophie sighed. "I just wish things weren't so complicated."

"It's really not. Just tell Nick how you feel and he will tell you how he feels and then BAM! You two are a thing!"

"But I'm not sure if I want that to happen."

"What do you mean? Don't you like him?"

"Maybe? I'm not really sure. Can we just not talk about this anymore? It's really confusing me and I can't even figure out my own feelings," Sophie said.

"Alright," Biana pouted. Biana then smirked as she looked behind Sophie. "I actually don't think you should right talk about it now anyways."

Confused, Sophie turned around to see the rest of their friends standing in the doorway, including Stina and Nick.

"What was that about feelings you said?" Keefe asked, putting a hand on his hip as everyone next to him did the same as they eyed Sophie suspiciously.

Oh no...