Chapter 45: Prison Talk

Sophie nervously walked into the prison, holding Grady's hand as Katherine guided them to Alvar. The halls were dark and eerie. It gave her the chills.

She honestly didn't want to come at first, but then she thought about how she might not get the chance again.
Plus, if she had a chance to talk to a murderer then yeah, she'll take it and maybe scream some colorful words at him. She could also try to pry information from Alvar.

Sophie also wondered why Alvar specifically wanted to speak with her.

Did he want to tell her something? Trick her?

Who knows. But she knew that she couldn't trust him.

After what seemed like ages, they ended up in a large room full of jail cells. As they walked, Sophie could hear growling and fighting. Sophie looked down, not wanting to see the other prisoners.

"We're here," Katherine eventually said.

Sophie quickly looked up to see that they were at the end of the room where there was a seat in front of a glass window.

"You sit here and Alvar will be on the other side of the window. Hold down on this red button whenever you speak, so that he can hear you. Remember, you only have a time limit of five minutes so make it worth it," Katherine instructed.

Sophie nodded as she sat down on the seat. "Also," Katherine added. "Don't expect him to tell you anything important. We already questioned him and he wouldn't tell us anything, so we know he's hiding something. Also, don't let him intimidate you or trick you into saying anything important, got it?"

"Yes," Sophie said. She turned to face the window and saw Alvar approaching. He looked as if he was yelling at the guards that were escorting him as he sat down.

Sophie felt nervous, not not knowing what to expect out of this conversation. She was also mad that there was a window between them because she really wanted to slap Alvar across the face.

Alvar looked up and saw Sophie. His face looked desperate as he pressed down on his button and said, "hello Sophie. Glad you came."

Sophie snorted. "Shut up! You disgust me," Sophie said with annoyance, pressing down on her button.

"You got it all wrong, Sophie! You and these idiots!" Alvar growled, pointing at the guards behind him.

A guard then grabbed a club and whacked Alvar on the head with it.
"OW! Will you stop doing that?" Alvar shouted at the guards behind him. The guards just grunted.

Alvar rolled his eyes, still holding a hand on the top of his head as if it would ease the pain. "They treat me like I'm a criminal here."

"That's because you are! You're probably a murderer too!" Sophie shouted.

"A murderer? I can't believe this," he scoffed, shaking his head.

"Well what do you want us to believe?" Sophie shouted.

"That I'm innocent!" Alvar shouted back. "I thought you were better than that," Alvar mumbled.

"Alvar, the facts are there. They saw you carrying that knife and that you took it out of Doctor Rubin! And you won't even explain why, so what do you want us to believe?" Sophie asked, gritting her teeth.

Alvar sighed. "You guys got it all wrong. I'm not evil!"

"Then why did they catch you running away with the same knife the evil organization uses and that was stabbed into Doctor Rubin?" Sophie accused.

Alvar's eyes clouded with fear. "I can't tell you that," he whispered.

"Of course," Sophie scoffed. "Why did you even want to talk to me?"