Chapter 64: No Help

"NO! MOM!" Sophie cried out, her voice cracking. She stumbled back into the frosted grass.

"EDALINE!" Grady yelled out, immediately jumping into the river. Sophie then saw Keefe and Fitz dive into the river to save Edaline too.

Sophie cried out when she realized that the currents of the river were strong and if they didn't act fast, they would all drown. She also realized that they were going to get hypothermia.

Please let them be okay.

Sophie was about to jump into the river to go after them but she realized that the three Neverseen members were still there.

Sophie then saw Dex run onto the bridge and stop about halfway, right where Mr. Forkle was. "TAKE THIS!" Dex yelled out as he lifted one of his gadgets into the air.

But before he threw it at the Neverseen members, Ken started to cackle. "I wouldn't do that if I were you," Ken said.

Biana, Nick, and Tam then ran across the bridge to get next to Dex and Mr. Forkle. "Oh, and why is that?" Biana asked, lifting her gadget into the air too.

Sophie noticed that Linh, Stina, and Marella were standing at the beginning of the bridge, starting to pull out their gadgets too.

Ken smirked. He then whistled and a white car drove up behind Ken, Dan, and Hank.

Were they trying to escape?

Just throw the gadgets! Sophie wanted to scream out.

But she couldn't move, nor speak. She was traumatized and all she could do was stare and do nothing.

"Are you trying to escape?" Tam barked out.

Dan Rogers smirked and said, "you might want to escape too."

Suddenly they heard a beeping. "What's that?" Stina asked.

"Oh my," Mr. Forkle gasped as he started to back up.

Suddenly, Ken, Dan Rogers, and Hank quickly ran into the white car and it drove off into the woods.

"IT'S A BOMB!" Dex cried out.

"YOU KIDS, MOVE OUT OF THE—"

BOOOOOOM!

Sophie flipped backwards and crashed into a thorn bush. She cried out in pain as she tried to free herself.

She noticed that Linh flew backwards and slammed right into a tree near the thorn bush. Sophie heard a crunch and saw Linh cry out in agony. Sophie then saw blood pool around Linh.

Sophie looked straight ahead and saw Mr. Forkle flying backwards and landing on the frosted grass as the bridge crumbled. Pieces of wood flew everywhere, along with a fire that started to spread.

And Dex, Biana, Nick, and Tam got crushed under the bridge.

They disappeared under the strong current of the river. Sophie jumped up but cried out from the pain as she face planted into the ground. She felt dizziness and pain. Not from the thorn bush but from the explosion.

Mr. Forkle started coughing up blood as he shakily grabbed a phone from his pocket and held it up to his ear.

Sophie gritted her teeth as she used all her strength to stand up. She stumbled towards Mr. Forkle.

"Sophie," he rasped out.

"Mr. Forkle, what's happening?" Sophie cried out, sobbing.

"Sophie, listen. The Neverseen exploded our Blackswan van so we don't have much help. There are a few Blackswan members coming to help," he whispered. He then started to cough up more blood. "Sophie, I need you to help them. You, Stina, and Marella. You're the only ones. Go!"