Chapter 108: Another One

Sophie fidgeted nervously with the key around her neck as she sat on her couch, waiting for her friends to arrive.

She had called them over because she thought it would be best if they opened the box together.

After Katherine had given the box to Sophie, she said how they were still keeping Nick's dead body for evidence. They needed to still run some tests and stuff before they decided what to do with his body.

Sophie had also brought up to Katherine about how Alvar was in prison when he shouldn't be.

Sophie then had to explain the whole Wylie and Alvar situation so hopefully Alvar would be released soon. Sophie then realized how long Alvar was in prison for and how it must feel to be in there when he was innocent.

Luckily Sophie could tell the police the truth now since the Neverseen were already defeated and Wylie didn't have to worry anymore.

Defeated...

Sophie bit her lip and kept telling herself that they were defeated once and for all...

Sophie then heard a knock at her door. Sophie quickly glanced at the box that was sitting on the table in front of her.

Sophie then got up and went to see that it was Keefe who had showed up earlier.

"Hey Keefe," Sophie said, letting him in.

"Hey Foster," Keefe greeted, shutting the door behind him.

Sophie then hid her face behind her hair as she started to walk away.

"Woah," Keefe said, grabbing Sophie's shoulder and turning her around.

"What?" Sophie asked dryly.

Keefe then tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear to keep it from covering her face as he said, "you don't look so good."

Sophie rolled her eyes. "Jeez thanks."

"I'm guessing you aren't holding up well?" Keefe said, both of them plopping onto her couch.

"Not really," Sophie grumbled.

Keefe seemed to wait for her to continue but she didn't.

He then noticed the box and said, "so that's it? What we've been waiting for all this time?"

"I guess. Katherine said she found it in one of Ken's bags," Sophie explained, gesturing to the box.

"It's seems unreal," Keefe breathed.

"I know right. It's like we spent so many months fighting the Neverseen off, going through pain, and so much more trouble and then finally...we're here. It's crazy," Sophie mumbled.

"So what do you think the box has in it?" Keefe asked.

Sophie shrugged. "Maybe part of my parent's project?"

The doorbell then rang again.

"Excuse me," Sophie said as she got up. "Keefe, you can grab some chips or something to snack on," she called to Keefe as she got to the door.

Sophie then opened it to see that it was Fitz. "Hello Fitz," Sophie said, noticing that Fitz had dark circles under his eyes.

"Hi," Fitz said, walking in.

Sophie then narrowed her eyes. "Um why isn't Biana with you?"

Fitz then gave her a long stare and then bickered, "she's with Stina."