Chapter 63: The Exchange

"Everyone ready?" Mr. Forkle asked.
Sophie, Grady, Keefe, Dex, Biana, Fitz, Tam, Linh, Marella, Nick, and Stina all nodded.

Sophie had placed the note by her parents' gravestones just like Mr. Forkle had instructed, and the Neverseen answered within a day. The Neverseen has agreed to the exchange  and instructed their own destination to make the trade. The group was limited to Sophie and her friends. Grady was also there since Edaline was his wife. Wylie couldn't be there since the Neverseen would be there and they would see that Wylie was helping the Blackswan.

"Okay, I have the fake box right here," Mr. Forkle said, pulling out and an identical copy of the real box. "And when we go, you all must stick together and stay a safe distance from the Neverseen. This could also be a trick and it seems suspicious that they would change the location. And remember, we are only there to make the exchange. Nothing else, got it?" Everyone nodded.

"Okay, so it looks like the Neverseen wants us to meet at this bridge in the woods that's near the cemetery. So we'll have to drive there first and walk our way through the woods," Mr. Forkle said as he scanned the note the Neverseen gave them.

"Um anyone a bit concerned that they want this exchange in the woods? Where they tried to kill us last time?" Keefe asked.

"Well, it seems logical since it's not like we can make the exchange in public. And the rest of the Blackswan members will be hiding nearby as backup for us. So, we are ready this time," Mr. Forkle said.

"And I also made these," Dex said. He then distributed small squares to everyone.

"What is this?" Biana asked, holding up her small square.

"They're mini weapons I made. Each square does something different when you throw it. Some are stink bombs, some create fog, etc. They're just backup in case things get out of hand," Dex explained.

"Wow and you made these yourself?" Sophie asked. Dex nodded shyly.

Wow, Dex was really talented.

"Thank you Dex, but I'm sure we won't need them," Mr. Forkle said.

"Eh, don't know about that. I might just throw mine in their faces for fun," Tam said.

"Oh! That would be so much fun! I hope mine has poisonous gas!" Keefe said, already thinking of schemes.

"No, I'll be the first to throw one in their faces," Grady said, cracking his knuckles.

"No one will be doing anything unless absolutely necessary," Mr. Forkle said. "Am I understood?"

A few grumbles came from Grady, Keefe, and Tam before everyone nodded. "Good, now let's go."

Everyone then got up to get out of Mr. Forkle's house. When they got outside, they saw a black van parked in front of the house.

"Um...why is there a black van parked in front of your house?" Nick asked Mr. Forkle.

"It's the Blackswan's van. Now get in. We don't have much time to waste!" Mr. Forkle said, motioning for everyone to get inside.

"Who's driving it?" Marella asked.

"Not for you to worry about," Mr. Forkle said.

Everyone then got into the back of the van which was blocked off from the front, so Sophie and her friends couldn't see who was driving the van.

"Why does this feel like we are being kidnapped?" Fitz asked.

"Oh no! Forkle man is going to kidnap us and force us to do pilates!" Keefe exclaimed, pretending to faint. And he decided to faint on top of Sophie.