Chapter 38: New Kid?

Sophie groaned as she grabbed her books for Chemistry.

Just three more weeks and Winter Break would come.

Hang in there Sophie!

Sophie slammed her locker shut and turned to see Biana, Marella, and Dex standing next to her.

"Hey guys," Sophie said, hugging her books to her chest as she leaned against her locker.

"Hey, Sophie," Biana said. "Do you have anything planned after school today?"

"Um, no. I don't think so."

"Great! Then you can come over today. Everyone will be there!" Biana exclaimed.

"Okay," Sophie agreed, smiling.

"The eight of us haven't hung out that much lately. We really need to though, but it might be hard because we have midterms coming up," Marella reminded Sophie.

Shoot! Midterms, she had completely forgotten about it!

"Ugh, do I need the reminder?" Sophie groaned.

"Well, I'm sure you are going to do fine Sophie, but if you want extra help you can come by my house and study with me for these next few weeks," Dex mumbled, blushing head to toe.

"That would be great Dex. I feel like I'm going to need that." Dex beamed.

"Especially with Chemistry," Marella stage-whispered to Biana and Dex.

"Hey! I heard that!" Sophie shouted, glaring at Marella. The three friends laughed and Sophie had no choice, but to join in.

Suddenly, Biana's eyes widened as she gasped at something behind Sophie.

"What is it?" Sophie asked, confused.

"Is that a new kid? I've never seen him around, but dang is he hot!" Biana gushed. Marella saw what Biana was looking at and gushed too. Curious, Sophie turned around to see who they were looking at.

It didn't take long to find who they were looking at, since there was a crowd following him.

It was Nick.

Sophie gasped and quickly turned around, pretending she didn't notice him. "Oh yeah, must be a new kid. It's nothing important though, so let's just head out of here!" Sophie quickly stuttered as she tried to shove her friends in the opposite way of where Nick was.

"Wait," Biana said, not budging. "I think he's looking at you, Sophie."

Sophie gulped.

Oh boy.

Sophie slowly turned around to see Nick staring right at her with a huge smile on his face. Sophie also noticed that Stina was right next to him, whispering in his ear. They then both started to walk towards Sophie.

Sophie quickly turned back to Biana, Marella, and Dex. "No, no, no!" Sophie whispered to herself.

"Um, Sophie do you have some explaining to do?" Marella asked, suspiciously.

Before Sophie could respond, a hand was laid on Sophie's shoulder. Sophie jumped as she nervously turned around. "Hey, Sophie! Long time no see eh?" Nick asked, bring his hand back down to his side.

Sophie's stomach started to flutter like it did the last time she saw Nick. "Um, h-hi Nick," she mumbled as Stina glared at her. "What are you doing here? I thought you went to a different school," Sophie said, unable to look away from his eyes.

He smirked. "Well, I mentioned you to my sister, Stina here, and she told me that she went to school with you, so I decided that I should switch schools," he said with a sparkle in his ocean eyes.
Sophie was speechless.