Chapter 54: Christmas Part 2

Sophie and Biana quickly rushed into the Vacker house, eager to get away from Grady.

They then found where the rest of their friends were already gathered in a corner of the living room and walked over.

"Hey guys," Sophie greeted, looking behind her to see if Grady had followed them.

"Hi!" Marella and Linh exclaimed as they both ran to hug Sophie and Biana.

When they pulled away, Sophie turned to see Keefe, Dex, and Nick all dressed in nice tuxedos while gawking at Sophie. "What?" She asked.

Was it her hair? Did she have a booger?

"You look gorgeous," Nick said, walking over to Sophie. Sophie blushed, not sure what to say as Dex and Keefe were still speechless. Stina rolled her eyes.

Tam then snickered from where he was standing in the dark corner. Linh then slapped him on the arm.

After a moment of awkward silence, Biana said, "well, we best get headed to the ballroom."

Sophie coughed. "Um what? Did you say ballroom?"

"Oh, you didn't know? We host our Christmas parties every year in the ballroom we have."

That's why Sophie was dressed so fancy!

As they walked towards the ballroom, Marella ran up beside Sophie. "Aren't you so excited?" She gushed.

"I guess."

"I mean—who knows what will happen! We might be asked to dance with some people," Marella continued, nudging Sophie.

"Oh, no thank you! I don't dance," Sophie said.

Marella side-eyed her as she said, "we'll see about that."

Sophie suddenly felt a nervous flutter in her stomach.

Would someone ask to dance with her? What would she do?

Sophie! Stop worrying about that nonsense!

Before Sophie knew it, they made it to the gigantic ballroom that was elegantly decorated and had fancy banquet tables. "Woah," Sophie breathed.

Biana then guided them to a larger table for all of them sit at since they were going to eat first.

The first hour passed by quickly, dishes of food placed on their table one after another. There were several meats, casseroles, rolls, mashed potatoes, pies, cakes, fudges, and several other delicious foods. The Mallowmelt especially was really good.

When Sophie felt like she was going to burst, the plates of food were taken away. Della and Alden then moved to the front of the ballroom with mikes in their hands. "Welcome! I'm so glad that you all could join us this year on our 25th Annual Christmas Ball!" Della declared. "Now I think it's time we start dancing—without throwing up of course," Della added, causing laughter.

The music then started up and Sophie and her friends got up from their tables.

Fitz immediately asked Linh to join him in the first dance, which she gladly agreed to as they made their way to the dance floor. Tam scowled as he watched Fitz bring her into a dancing position. Sophie also noticed Stina staring at them with a sad look.

Sophie then saw Biana and Marella start whispering about who they wanted to dance with first. Sophie then decided to get out of there, not wanting to dance. She ran to the drink and snack table. Immediately she started to stuff her mouth with the brownies.

She almost choked on her brownie when she saw Biana drag Tam onto the dance floor. Tam looked flushed as he protested but Biana ignored him as her hands snaked around his waist.