Chapter 88: Day #2 at the Hospital

Sophie groaned as a headache overwhelmed her. Sophie pressed her palm on her forehead as she sat up in the hospital bed.

Just then, Doctor Trebert came in. "Hello Sophie—oh you don't look good. What's wrong?"

Sophie sighed. "I have a terrible headache."

Doctor Trebert narrowed his eyes. "When did this start?"

"Well right when I woke up. But I felt sick before I went to bed yesterday too," Sophie replied.

"Really?" Doctor Trebert then walked towards Sophie and grabbed the thermometer. He then slid it across Sophie's forehead and when he heard a beep, he looked at the temperature and sighed. "You have a fever. I guess you are getting a bit sick."

Sophie groaned. "Is it because of the panic attacks?"

"I think it's more about the stress you have over this whole trauma you're going through. I was going to have you see a therapist today but I don't think that will be the best idea since you don't feel good. Hopefully soon you can see the therapist," Doctor Trebert said as he searched through the medicine cabinet.

"So who's my therapist?" Sophie asked, curious.

"It's this local physician. He is also good with therapy, his name is Elwin," Doctor Trebert said.

"Wait...Elwin? Does he work at Foxfire?" Sophie asked.

"Yes, do you know him?"

Sophie nervously giggled. "Um yeah, we met when he treated some...burns I got from Chemistry class one time."
Sophie felt her cheeks heat up when she relieved the memory of when she accidentally burned Lady Galvin's hair and parts of the classroom. That was a terrifying and priceless experience.

Sophie then frowned when she realized that...she'd never see her old chemistry teacher again. Sure Lady Galvin was a bit grumpy...but Sophie kind of missed that. And knowing someone innocent died was heartbreaking.

Sophie wondered if Lady Galvin even had any family that came to her
funeral—or just anyone she had in her life that was special to her. Well, there was Dan Rogers that was her
boyfriend—but he ended up backstabbing her and causing her to die because of his involvement with the Neverseen.

Sophie then realized that the reason why Lady Galvin died was because she was protecting the project Sophie's parents made. Lady Galvin sacrificed her life to save that project. Which meant if Sophie, her friends, and the Blackswan never save the project and the Neverseen ends up getting it, then Lady Galvin's death meant nothing.

Sophie couldn't let that happen.

This made Sophie more determined to beat the Neverseen.

Speaking of...

"Um...Doctor Trebert?" Sophie said.

"Yes?" He replied, facing her.

"Um were there any patients that were allowed to have visitors last night?" Sophie asked, remembering how she saw a strange figure that visited Linh last night.

"Um no. There are no visitors allowed after 7:00. You took your night walk around 9:00," he replied, giving Sophie some medicine.

Wait...what? No one's allowed to visit at that time?

Wait...that means that whoever visited Linh last night wasn't supposed to. The visitor snuck in...

Um could it have been a desperate relative that wanted to sneak in and quickly visit Linh?!

Or...or was it someone else. From the Neverseen...

Oh my goodness! How could Sophie not have thought about that?!