Chapter 119: Attempt Again

"GIRL YOU BETTER SIT YOUR BUTT DOWN AND TELL US WHAT HAPPENED!" Biana yelled at Sophie.

Sophie had come home from meeting up with Fitz, and Biana, Marella, and Linh has already arrived at her house.

Stina obviously hadn't showed because she was having a chat with Fitz right now that was hopefully going well.

"Okay, okay let me explain. Just sit down," Sophie instructed. All three of them quickly sat down.

"Now do you guys want some snacks or drinks—"

"GIRL QUIT STALLING! YOU BETTER HAVE AN EXPLANATION FOR WHY YOU NEVER ANSWERED US!" Marella yelled.

"Okay fine. Just to begin, my chat with Fitz today went...better than expected and he agreed that it was best he should just tell Stina how he feels. They're having a chat right now," Sophie explained.

"That's good," Linh said.

"OKAY! WE KNEW THAT WOULD HAPPEN! NOW SOPHIE, TELL US WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY!" Marella shrieked.

Sophie blew out a breath and quickly went over what she had rehearsed on telling her friends. "Look, you guys have to hear me out before you start cutting me off and screaming."

"YES NOW CONTINUE!" Biana exclaimed.

"Okay...so I-I never confessed to
Keefe—"

"GIRL! WHAT WERE YOU DOING? YOU AGREED TO DO IT! WHYYYYYYY?!" Biana shrieked, jumping up.

"SOPHIE HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?!" Marella shrieked, pulling her hair.

Sophie face-palmed and sighed. "I knew this would happen."

"Everyone calm down!" Linh exclaimed, stopping Marella and Biana from continuing to run around screaming. "Sophie, continue."

"Thank you, Linh," Sophie thanked appreciatively. "Okay, I didn't confess as I said before. I planned on doing it but...my heart told me no. I just couldn't," Sophie continued.

"But why?" Biana questioned.

"Because! You guys pressured me to do it and I knew I wasn't ready!" Sophie yelled, causing the room to get dead silent. After a few terrifying seconds of silence, Sophie regretted her outburst and said, "I'm sorry—"

"No, we're sorry. You're right Sophie—we never should have pressured you like that," Linh mumbled quietly.

"I guess we were a bit pushy..." Biana added. Marella frowned and nodded along.

Sophie sighed. "I know you guys just wanted the best for me. I know you guys just wanted me to get out of my comfort zone. But you know what? I already am out of my comfort zone. I feel accomplished to already be where I am today and to keep moving on. I'm happy right where I am and I don't need to do anything else. I don't need a relationship to make myself satisfied. I'm proud to be independent and I don't need a guy right now in my life to be in a relationship with," Sophie said confidently.

"You're right Sophie. Again, we're sorry we tried to change that," Biana apologized.

"Yeah, we're so sorry Soph. I can't believe we just assumed you were ready," Linh said, her voice sincere as she clasped her hands over her mouth, looking like she was tearing up.

"Yeah...we should never have pushed you to do something we wanted. We should have realized that you are already happy as you are right now," Marella said, fidgeting with her hands.

"It's okay guys, I forgive you guys. I know you guys didn't mean to do this to me," Sophie said. They then offered shy smiles to Sophie and they all got up to do a warm group hug. Sophie felt relieved to get those words off her chest. And she was happy her friends understood.