Chapter 49: Sneaking In

Guys, so I've decided to change the Terminators name to the Neverseen because it will get rid of the confusion. And the Terminators sounds dumb so yeah. I'm gonna go back and edit and change every time "Terminators" is said to The Neverseen. Well I just wanted to say that lol. Anyways, enjoy this chapter!

The morning had dragged by slowly, Chemistry especially. Sophie and Dex had awkwardly avoided Mr. Forkle in class. They tried to pay attention, but it was hard to with Mr. Forkle there.

Mr. Forkle did a good job at acting normal, but he kept stealing strange glances at Sophie and Dex. It felt like days had passed when lunch finally came around.

Sophie sat down with Dex right next to her as they quietly chatted about their plans after school. Sophie noticed the rest of her friends eyeing her and Dex suspiciously.

Eventually, Biana asked while raising her eyebrow, "hmm what are you two up to?"

"Nothing!" Sophie and Dex blurted at the same time. They looked at each other and started to nervously giggle.

"Doesn't look like it," Marella noted as she sat down on top of the lunch table.

"I d-don't know what you a-are talking about," Sophie stuttered.

"You guys are up to something. My Keefe senses can feel it," Keefe said, narrowing his eyes at them. Sophie gulped.

Tam snickered from where he was sitting, followed by Linh whacking him on the head with her plastic water bottle.

"Well," Biana said after a pause. "We all want to get together at my house after school today. Are you guys free?" She asked Sophie and Dex.

"We can't!" Sophie and Dex exclaimed at the same time.

They needed to stop saying things at the same time! It was way to suspicious!

Stina cackled. "Yeah, you guys are definitely hiding something."

"Aw give them a break," Nick said beside Stina. "They probably have their own plans to study or do something after school." The group seemed to let it go except for Keefe and Biana, who were still eyeing them suspiciously.

THANK YOU NICK! Her mind screamed. Why was he so amazing?!

Sophie gave Nick a thankful smile, which he gladly returned. Dex rolled his eyes, next to her.

"Well, I guess we can all hang out tomorrow? As in celebration after midterms?" Biana suggested. Everyone then nodded in agreement and Sophie was glad that everyone had stopped questioning her and Dex. The last thing she needed was for them to force the information out of them.

Sophie then quickly finished her lunch and got up to throw her trash away. Someone then tapped her on the shoulder.

Sophie turned around to see that Nick standing behind her with his warm smile.

"Oh, hey Nick!" Sophie greeted.

"Hey, so um I was wondering. Do you have any plans the day after tomorrow? It's a Saturday," Nick said.

"Um no...I don't think so," Sophie replied.

"Great! Do you want to maybe hang out that day? Like go out to grab something to eat?" Nick asked, putting his hands in his pockets.