Chapter 93: Escape

Sophie's body tensed up as she stumbled backwards.

Shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot!

Sophie's body then started to tremble as Tam put a protective hand in front of Sophie.

Sophie then started to feel dizzy as the figure took a step closer and lifted the knife.

Oh no! Not another panic attack!

"T-Tam! Slap me or something!" Sophie cried out through her gritted teeth.

"Huh? Why—"

"I'm going to get another panic attack! Slap me or keep me distracted for the moment!" Sophie exclaimed, frantically.

Tam then quickly slapped Sophie on the arm which shocked Sophie at how hard it stung. But it did the job...well for now.

Sophie then steadied herself and called out to the figure, "what do you want?! Go away!"

"It's not I want, it's what he wants," the figure replied in a whispery voice, pointing at Tam.

Oh yeah, that's right. Tam was supposed to meet up with him blindly. Great, they forgot about that and now they were trapped.

And that was definitely her stalker.

"All I want is for you creepy people to die!" Tam yelled.

The stalker chuckled darkly. "Don't get so worked up, Tam," he whispered.

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" Tam spat.

"It's not my fault you just listen to what I tell you to do. I asked you to come here today and you did," he replied, still whispering.

"That was a mistake. I've learned that now," Tam snapped.

The stalker tilted his head. Sophie was mad that her stalker was wearing a dark cloak so she couldn't see what he looked like and who he was.

If only she could rip that cloak off...

"What, did you learn that from Sophie? Yeah, such a wise decision," the stalker told Tam sarcastically. "After all, she's the reason that your dear sister Linh is in a coma."

"You're the one who set off that bomb that got her in the coma! So shut up and stop trying to mess with my mind! I chose to help Sophie and to get involved because she's my friend," Tam continued.

The stalker then started to run his gloved finger along his knife. "Are you sure you chose to get involved?" He questioned.

"Of course I chose to get involved! Sophie didn't force me to help her," Tam replied.

"That's not what I was referring to," the stalker whispered in reply.

"What's that supposed t-to mean?" Sophie questioned.

"That's for you to find out in the future," the stalker replied.

Sophie then pressed her lips tightly as she looked at Tam. He seemed to be thinking hard about what the stalker could possibly be talking about.

Sophie then decided to go for a subject change, hoping that her stalling would allow her to find a way to escape.

"Why are you whispering? Are you afraid we'll recognize your voice?!" Sophie demanded.

After a moment of silence, the stalker whispered, "I'm not afraid to reveal myself. I just love the entertainment of getting you all scared and confused."

His answer genuinely scared Sophie but she tried to play it off as if she wasn't scared. "Yeah right. You just know that we will be able to catch you once we know your identity," Sophie said.