Chapter 106: No Choice

Sophie screamed at the top of her lungs when Ken shot a bullet to Nick's head.

Nick then collapsed onto the ground and laid lifeless as dark blood pooled around him.

"I knew he would always be useless," Sophie heard Ken mutter.

"YOU MONSTER!" Sophie yelled out as she grabbed the gun from Keefe, who caught it from Nick, and pointed it right at Ken.

Ken then quickly put his hands up and said, "w-woah—stop right there. You can't shoot me."

"Why?" Sophie asked, taking her aim.

"Because then Dan and Hank will shoot," Ken answered.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "I know you guys won't shoot me. You guys need me for whatever you want so if I'm dead then I can't help you," Sophie pointed out.

"Okay fine. Maybe we can't kill you but we can kill your friends. Would you like that?" Ken asked with a large grin. "We can start with the blonde kid."

"Okay! Okay! Fine! I won't shoot, so then you won't shoot," Sophie said.

Ken then smirked and put his hands down. "Well I guess we will have to finish this another time."

How about no! Sophie wanted to shout back.

"Um...Ken. What are we gonna do with this...thing?" Dan asked, pointed to where Nick was dead on the ground.

"Oh we can grab the body and put it in the furnace that we have where we usually burn other people," Ken said casually.

Sophie then felt her lip tremble as she shouted, "SHUT UP! THE ONE'S WHO DESERVE TO BURN ARE YOU GUYS!"

Ken just cackled and said, "oh changing your mind I see? Let me guess. Before you got here, you were probably hoping that Nick would burn. But all of a sudden when he saves your pretty little self, you are all for him. That's why you're selfish. You only care if you live or not. You don't even care if others get hurt," Ken snapped.

Sophie opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. She then started to stumble back as more tears started to rise.

"You guys are pretty good at that huh?" Keefe snapped, stepping forward.

"Pretty good at what?" Ken asked.

"Manipulation. You're trying to get Sophie to think that she's some kind of monster so she will help you guys out! You want her to think she's useless and unlovable so you can get her to do whatever you want!" Keefe said.

Ken then hesitated for a brief second before he just started to fake laugh. "Haha Keefe! It's so funny when you think you're right."

"Thats because I am right!" Keefe snapped. Keefe's eyes then stared at Nick's dead body. "IS THAT WHAT YOU DID TO NICK TOO? DID YOU MANIPULATE HIM TOO?" Keefe shouted.

"No! Nick is evil and he chose to join our side! He told us today that he hates you all and wants you all dead!" Ken stuttered.

Sophie then wiped her eyes and stood up.

"You're lying," Sophie whispered.

"No, I'm not," Ken argued.

"Then if he said those things about us, how come he saved us?" Biana questioned.

Ken then narrowed his eyes. "It's because he turned out to be a disappointment."

"Why did Nick join the Neverseen?" Marella demanded.

Ken then narrowed his eyes. "Nick joined because he wanted something he never got."

"What was that?" Sophie asked, noticing how the sun was just starting to go down a bit.