Late

Shit! Shit! Shit! I'm going to be late for school no Goddamn way! I rush to the bathroom and brush my teeth, and hop in the shower. I would have never over slept if it was not for my roommate going at it with her damn mate.

I run out of the shower and get my clothing ready. Leather pants check, t-shirt check, combat boots check, sunglasses check, and oh fuck the time!

I speed walk down the hall and find the stairs. "Clover! The hell is taking you so long we are going to be late." God that girl's nerve. We won't have to be late to class if she wasn't fucking her mate all night.

"I don't know, we won't be late if you didn't had sex with drake more than four times in a day." I sighed, damn mates. All my time here I'm the only student in the whole school that does not have a mate. Which I don't know how to feel about, because if I had a mate she or he will be like everyone else's a witch or a human. Those are the two types of mates we can't have anything different because it would break the natural order. It goes like this, if a human and a witch are mates, there's a 50% chance the baby would have magic. If a witch and a witch are mates, their kid would 100% have magic. But that is for the witches, if we were mated to another species people don't know what would happen. The child would be too powerful and break the damn order. I swear witches love their bloody order.

I don't want to be like everyone else, I want to be different but I guess that's not how the world works. "Clover there you are! Let's get going and I'm sorry about what happened. I don't want it to seem like I'm rubbing having a mate in your face." Grace said with a sigh. She knows that I don't have a mate most witches find their mates at the age of 18 and I am now 24 with no mate. I gave up looking for my forever, my happiness.

Sadly without a mate you can't have a family. Only with your mate you can have family and kids. Don't know why the hell that's a thing because here I am without a mate and I can't even have a bloody family.

Well, there's nothing I can do about it now. I have to move on with my life. "Grace, it's fine. I know you are just happy to be with him but please fucking take it somewhere else or make sure I can't hear it." I said glaring at her which got her to blush and look away. Let's just say they are not the quietest of people. I head downstairs, well Grace is talking to Drake again. My god and she was yelling at me for being late.

I get to the door and wait one more second before yelling. "Grace get your ass down here right now or I swear I'm going to peel Drake's dick like a banana." With that being said, I hear running down the stairs of our dorm and I turn around to see Grace ready to go.

"Oh good you are ready, and to think that you were the one calling for me to get up." We headed out of our dorm and started going to our classes. Every witch is born with a gift of magic. Grace over here was born with sunflower, a magic that heals and regenerates wounds she has on her body.

My gift or magic is called thunder phoenix. The power allows me to use lightning at free will. My magic is also dangerous to those around me. For example my magic got its name because of the ungodly loud cracking of thunder in the sky and lightning but my lightning has a shape of a giant Phoenix that blinds all of those that look upon it.

I'm not allowed to use my magic in school because it's too destructive and unpredictable to be used anywhere near school. I guess with the name like Clover I would have some fucking luck, but no, I don't have a mate and I can't use my magic. I mean I can use other types of magic, but when I use my magic, I feel so alive. But I guess I have to sneak out again to use it. Or wait for a thunderstorm.

"Clover, see you around class and I think my teacher is going to be up my ass." Grace said sighing which made me laugh because she is not wrong. Her teacher is an old bastard but he is good at magic so it evens out. Grace starts to walk away and I turn around and look at the clock, fuck I'm so late.