2: The Girl's Team

I stood in front of the girl's gym at 6:45am

I stood in front of the girl's gym at 6:45am. The team captain had texted me and asked where I was during last night's practice, and that they had practice before school as well.

Heading inside, I found that it wasn't as big as the boy's gym, but it was still a gym. And instead of boys inhabiting it, a bunch of girls were putting their shoes on by the wall.

"Hey look, it's the other first year!" One of them announced my presence, and I smiled with a wave.

"Hey, sorry about yesterday. Got lost."

"It's fine, no worries! At least you got some reps in, right?" The team captain, Shiraishi Azusa, smiled. "But now that you're here, we can gage where you're at."

"Can't wait." I smirked, and soon enough we got down to business. To say the team and the coach were surprised is an understatement: they were amazed at how much of an all around player I was.

"Dude, you're so awesome Kaz! It's like, zoom, pow, whoosh!" Uyeno Yumiko, the libero, complimented. I laughed.

"I try, we gotta win right?"

"Hell yeah we do!" Yumiko cheered.

"Next up, let's do some spikes!" Azusa declared. The official setter, Hado Risa, started setting the the left side, allowing everyone to hit. When it was my turn, I did my approach.

What came next, no one but me was expecting.

I met the ball in mid air, my head and shoulders over the net. Slamming the ball in front of the ten foot, I landed gracefully and jogged to the back of the line.

Everyone had their mouths open in shock. Their current ace knew that second, she was no longer the ace of the Shiratorizawa girl's volleyball club. No, that right was just stolen by me, Kazane Kageyama.

Soon after, practice had to end so that everyone could go to their classes. "Man, that first year really is something! Kaz will definitely take us places." A third year commented, and the captain nodded.

"Agreed." Azusa glanced back at the girl who was jogging in the other direction. "Maybe this year, the girl's team will be as famous as the boy's."

"Yeah, maybe."

~•~

"Yooooo, what up Kazzzzyyyyyyy!" Tendō greeted as he found me in classroom 1-4.

"Oh, hey Tendō, what are you doing here?" I asked, smiling at him as I turned in my seat.

"I thought you'd like to eat lunch with the team! Everyone really took a liking to you yesterday, and I heard you did something pretty spectacular this morning during your practice." He wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

"Ah yeah! It was just such a beautiful set, I couldn't help but show off a bit ya know?"

"I feel you! Anyway, you can tell me alllll about it on our way to the cafeteria." Tendō grinned, and the two of us left the 1-4 classroom, chatting happily.