20: Ace Not Just Setter

The score was 17-5 when Kazane was finally able to rotate to the front

The score was 17-5 when Kazane was finally able to rotate to the front. "Sub!" Coach called, sending Hado up to the ten foot line. Azusa jogged over, taking the number card from her.

The down red completed the substitution, so Hado came onto the court. "Ah man, is she their pinch server? Wonder how good her serves are.."

"Dude, wasn't that their official setter last year?"

"Yeah you're right, why is she being subbed in as a pinch server?" The audience talked among themselves, trying to figure out the situation.

"If you're ever in a tight spot feel free to send it my way, I'll handle it, yeah?" Kazane told Hado, who nodded.

"Right. I'll do my best."

"That's all we can ask," The ace grinned, patting her on the back. "Now go wreck 'em tiger!"

Going back to serve, Hado let out a breath as she bounced the ball a few times. When the ref blew the whistle, she tossed the ball up and hit it.

It flew over the net, and the libero received it flawlessly. "Nice receive!" Their setter said, her hands up as she prepared to set it. Out of the corner of her eye, Kazane saw that she was going for a setter dump.

"Dump!" She yelled, and just before their setter was able to push the ball over the net, Chiyako blocked it.

"Nice call Kaz!" She grinned as the whistle blew, signalling their point. The two high fived.

"I'm glad you got to it!" Kazane grinned back, nodding. "Nice reaction time."

"Thanks."

"Damn!" The Kiyose Higashi setter growled.

"Chill out, we'll get the next one!" Her team tried to cheer her up. Sighing, she nodded and readied for the next play.

"Get us another serve Hado!" Kamada called back to the setter, who nodded. The ref blew the whistle, so she served.

"Mine!" Kiyose Higashi's libero yelled, diving for it. Knowing another dump would definitely be shut down, their setter sent it to their left side.

Kazane and Kamada did a double block on the straight, so they were forced to do a cross court shot, right where Yumiko was waiting.

After receiving the ball, Yumiko smirked as Hado rushed up to the net and Kazane transitioned off along with the other spikers.

"Yours!" Hado exclaimed, sending it back to Kazane. The ace smirked, the ball was almost perfect. Starting her approach, she jumped and swung at the ball.

Boom.

All eyes went to their court as the ball landed on the ten foot line, hard. The blockers looked at Kazane in shock as she landed, a smirk on her face as her team ran towards her.