47. The Finals - Part Three

The fourth set began quickly after the two teams switched sides

The fourth set began quickly after the two teams switched sides. The first thing Kazane and the coaches did was facepalm. Hard. Goshiki, being the moron he is, served a nice "HOMERUUUN!" as Tendou yelled.

The next point went to Karasuno, with Nishinoya nailing the recieve and Asahi putting the ball away. Kazane marked the point down as Washijo started yelling at Goshiki. "Hey dumbass, do I need to call child protective services?! You're standing around like a lost kid at the mall!"

"Sorry!" Goshiki called, turning away for a second.

"Do you know why he always gets the maddest with you Goshiki?" Reon asked, standing a few feet away. Kazane glanced between them as Goshiki answered.

"Because I suck right?!"

"Actually it's because he expects the most from you." Reon explained, walking away. The revelation seemed like news to Goshiki, but it did the job and lit a fire in him.

"Bring. it. ONNN!!!"

"Good grief what a little lunkhead." Yamagata scowled as Reon sighed.

"I just told him the honest truth."

The next few points flew by, both teams still pretty evenly matched, neither pulling ahead or falling behind. Goshiki pulled off a straight with barely a five inch gap between the antenna and Tobio's hand. Tendou called it a fluke shot but of course Goshiki disagreed.

It was seven to seven when Taichi managed to block Asahi during one of their synced attacks, making it eight to seven. "That's how you do it!" Kazane cheered, and Taichi nodded to her as she gave him a thumbs up with a grin. Marking down the block under Taichi's name, she then glanced up as Washijo started talking.

"They're a mess. If Karasuno hadn't tried to attack all at once, they might have had some people left to follow up that block."

"I have to agree." Saito said, both of their eyes on Karasuno. Kazane could see that Washijo was pondering something as he watched the game resume, making her wonder what he was thinking about.

"This is turning into a battle of philosophies." He muttered after the score tied once again. "It's just like the old days going against Ukai." Washijo grumbled, the annoyance at the old coach clear in his voice and face. "These two groups of high schoolers are a good way to settle our score. It will determine which of our methods is the strongest."

"I guess it will." Kazane agreed. A few points later, Ushiwaka blasted the ball off the block. It looked like a homerun, only for Asahi to have gotten to it. It didn't really matter because Tendou shut down the spike.

It was Ushiwaka's serve, and he got an ace. The next point, however, Tsukishima managed to get a kill. The next point, Hinata did something so stupidly weird Kazane had to do a double take, blinking rapidly. We're not even going to discuss it because of how stupid it was.

Soon enough, it was 21-21, and Eita subbed in for Shirabu as a pinch server. "You got this Eita!" Kazane called, and he gave her a smirk and a thumbs up as he jogged back to the endline. He served it, but they managed to get a quick attack. Kazane sweatdropped at Goshiki, who was in the perfect position to have tried to block it.

"THESE GUYS ARE MECHINES!" Tendou called from the bench, making Kazane snicker.

Tadashi subbed in for Hinata, and Kazane grinned. "YOU GO TADASHI!"

"WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON?!"

"Thank you Kazane!"

Tadashi served it at Ushiwaka, making Reon recieve it. "Goshiki!" Ushiwaka called, sending the ball to him for the last hit. It was a triple block, but Goshiki broke through. However, Tanaka managed to get it up, and then Tsukishima faked Taichi by doing a time lag, which got them the point. Kazane pouted as Tendou raged.

Now it was 23-21, and Washijo called for a time out. "YOU'RE COMPLETELY DROPPING YOUR ELBOWS!! IF YOU LAZY NITWITS WERE USING PROPER FORM THEN YOUR SPIKES WOULD BREAK THROUGH EVERYTHING! YOU'VE ALL GOT THESE HUGE HULKING BODIES, SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE--MORE--MORE-"

"Dynamic?"

"YEAH!"

"Come on, you all know what you should be doing. Just do your jobs and you'll see results." Kazane butted in, and for whatever reason the team responded better to her than to Washijo's yelling.

"It's true their defense is good, and they're constantly evolving it, but it's just a stopgap measure." Washijo reminded, now calmer. "However-"

"There is no such thing as the perfect defense." Ushiwaka finished for him, causing the old coach to nod with a smirk.

With the timeout over, the game resumed. Tadashi got a net ball, and Yamagata managed to get it up. Shirabu sent it outside, where Ushiwaka was waiting. He slammed it, of course, which ended Tadashi's serving run.

The next few points, Kazane noticed something. "IS TOBIO GETTING TIRED OVER THERE?!"

"SHUT YOUR FACE KAZANE NOBODY ASKED YOU!"

"BUT YOU'VE MADE LIKE THREE MISTAKES IN A ROW!"

"I SAID SHUT UP!"

And then the moment came. Ushiwaka tipped it.

"HOLY CRAP SINCE WHEN CAN YOU DO THAT?!"

"Since always, it's not really that strange of a strategy." Ushiwaka shrugged at his girlfriend, who's mouth was open in shock. That point made it 24-24, and Kazane was already dying from anticipation. Ushiwaka got the next point as well by serving and getting a net ball. Karasuno sucks at defending the front, Kazane thought.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN~ MIRACLE BOI WAKATOSHI~" Tendou cheered, the crowd cheering along with him. It was 26-25, one more point to win it all. Suddenly, Kazane was getting weird vibes from Karasuno's side, so her eyes whipped to them. They managed to get back into the game with a block, Shirabu shanking the rebound. A second later, an old guy shouted something.

"YOU'D BETTER GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER KARASUNOOOO!"

"That was the most random outburst I have ever heard." Kazane deadpanned, the coaches nodding in agreement.

The next point, Tendou blocked Hinata but it went out, so Karasuno got to serve again. Now it was 26-27. (Also just a note because I can, the animators messed up because Suga was supposed to serve again after that ball but they went to Kageyama. Watch from 19:40 on episode 6 and you'll see what I mean)

Tobio messed up another set, so Hinata had to improvise by using his left hand. Kazane facepalmed as Karasuno got a point for that. She could tell that Ushiwaka was getting pissed off by Hinata's idiocy and randomness, and she completely understood why.

He had just taken the fourth set, on a mistake. 27-29.

"WHERE YOUR DAMN SNEAKERS GLUED TO THE FLOOR?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! YOU COULDA GOTTEN THAT BALL!" Washijo yelled, his arms crossed tightly as several veins in his forehead pulsed with rage and annoyance. Once the teams switched sides, Washijo went on. "Keep playing like bugs and I'll have you sprint home as I wave to you from the bus!"

"What's scary is that he's not joking. When I was a first year we actually did that." Tendou whispered to Goshiki, who looked like his life flashed before his eyes.

"I want you boys to make me proud. After all your legacy is the only reason you need to win! I picked each of you, you were selected for this team for a reason! I have confidence in your abilities." Washijo told them, and he sounded sincere. Kazane just had to check.

"Did you just praise them?"

"Yeah I did, got a problem Kazane?"

"Nope, not at all."

"Good."