8: Confrontation and Memories

The next game started, and luckily Oikawa had to thoroughly warm up

The next game started, and luckily Oikawa had to thoroughly warm up. It was 24-20 Karasuno, and Kazane was sooo certain they would win. Of course they had to wait, because Aobajohsai got a point.

Then it happened; Oikawa was subbed in. Well shit. She narrowed her eyes at him as he took the ball from one of his teammates. It was his serve, so Kazane knew they were in trouble.

Oikawa served it right to Tsukishima, who shanked it. Frowning, she glanced back at the womanizer, but he was already looking at her. "Ahhh he's looking at us! He's looking at us!" A few of the Seijoh girl's squeaked. Kazane blushed and looked away, she really wasn't in the mood to deal with him right now.

The game went on, and he served it to Tsuki again, and of course the blonde shanked it again as well. "Poor Tsuki!" Tadashi wailed.

"Hey, great king!" Hinata suddenly shouted, drawing Oikawa's attention to him. "Why don't you aim for me I can take it just aim the ball right at my head unless you're too scared!"

"You tell him Hinata!" Kazane cheered, and even from how far away he was, she could still see the tick mark on Oikawa's head.

"Stop it, you're acting like a toddler!" Tsukishima scolded.

"Excuse me?!" Hinata demanded, but then got himself together and stood in front of the tall blonde. "The cool thing about volleyball is every body you see on this side of the net is your ally, okay Tsukishima?!"

Tsuki did not seem to take that well, but Tanaka did. "Wise words from a wise guy!"

"Okay, let's fall back as a group." Daichi decided, "Tsukishima, you stay close to the sideline." He instructed, to which the salt factory agreed. Kazane could almost hear the wheels in Oikawa's brain turning.

So he served it, once again, to Tsukishima. This time he managed to get it up, only for it to go over as a chance ball. Oikawa received it, then the backup setter set up Onion head. However, Hinata got there just in time, getting a hand on the ball so that it turned into a chance ball.

Landing, the little ball of carrot sonic-ed his way to the other side of the court, and Tobio set it to him with perfect accuracy once again. The ball whooshed past Oikawa, who looked startled.

The brown haired male slowly glanced back at the ball as it bounced, then came to a stop. And so did the match: 25-23.

"Did we just...lose?"

~•~

"Hey I'm gonna go to the bathroom, I'll be back in a second." Kazane told Azusa, who nodded.

"Alright, we'll be out at the bus so make sure to hurry." She advised.

"Right," Jogging towards the sign that said Restrooms, she turned the corner only to bump into someone. "Oof! Ah, sorry.." Kazane apologized, then looked at the person.