30: The Quick and Sleep Over

"Morning sleeping beauty~" Kuroo smirked at Kazane as she entered the cafeteria, yawning

"Morning...Ready to get your ass kicked today?" She gave him a lopsided smirk, to which he laughed.

"Bring it on, I won't hold my breath though." He returned.

After collecting her breakfast, she sat down with her team and chatted away with Hinata and her twin. "It's so frustrating!" Hinata complained. "I'm not getting any better! Everyone else is, but when it comes to me nothing is changing!"

"It's already amazing you're able to do the freak quick," Tobio muttered, stuffing food in his mouth.

"That's not enough though!" Hinata scowled, "I don't know how, but I want to get better!"

"Hinata." Kazane said, making the ball of carrot look at her. She smiled. "Practice with me after the games."

"Uh, sure I guess?" He seemed confused as Kazane thought about how she would work it. She was nowhere near as talented as her brother, but she would try and do it for Hinata.

After breakfast everyone headed to the gym to get ready for the games. Kazane yawned, decked out in her Shiratorizawa jacket, shirt and shorts.

Apparently the first game that day for Karasuno was against Nekoma, and as she recalled they hadn't won a set off them yet. And at that point it didn't seem likely that they would.

"Okay, let's get going." The down ref said, and so the ball was given to Nekoma as the game began.

As the game progressed, it was more and more obvious that the quick attack had a flaw. Well, to Kazane at least. If they got a hold of the timing and pattern of where he hit it, Nekoma could stop it with ease.

Actually, anyone could.

Kazane frowned as they lost, and so the boys had to do a penalty lap. That game had opened Karasuno's eyes, as Hinata grew more hungry for power, they had to decide if they were going to grow along with him, or be swallowed.

Especially after the collision.

She could tell Asahi knew he couldn't back down, and the whole team's vibe was the same. It was tense.

After the game, Tobio and Suga went off with Hinata, and Kazane was too occupied in getting the photo for Tendou to follow and see what they were doing.

•••

Kazane 😎