36: Poof

The first thing Kazane felt when she woke up was pain

The first thing Kazane felt when she woke up was pain. Squeezing whatever was in her hand, she opened her eyes. "What the hell?" She grumbled, looking around.

"You fell down stairs, and broke your leg. Smooth move, Kazane." Tobio grumbled, "you've been out for a while."

"A while huh? Man, I suck." She chuckled, then winced as her leg pulsed. "Um, is this always this painful?"

"Apparently." Tobio shrugged, pressing the nurse button. "I'm just glad you didn't crack your skull, dumbass."

"Me too, I don't think I could have handled it." Then her eyes widened, "Wait, volleyball.. How long am I gonna be out?!"

"You're awake, that's good." The nurse walked in as Tobio was about to answer. "You did break your leg pretty bad, so it will be about six months for a full recovery."

"S-six months.." Kazane mumbled, her eyes wide. Tobio frowned, nodding.

"I'm sorry, Kazane.." He looked down sadly. She shook her head.

"It's not your fault, besides I just must have not been paying attention! It's weird though, the last thing I remember is getting accepted into Shiratorizawa.." She mumbled.

(Hehhhe I'm so evil and I love it.)

Tobio's eyes widened. That was a while ago, so she probably didn't even remember her teammates, or the boy's team, or her boyfriend... Just how hard had those bastards hit her?

"Um, yeah. You've been out for so long that you missed the first semester." Tobio made up on the fly, making his twin groan.

"Aw man! I'm gonna have so much catching up to do!" She complained, then grimaced as her leg flared again.

"Easy now sweetie," The nurse said, smiling as she started checking her vitals. "For the fastest recovery, you can't push yourself. If you do, it will be even longer most likely. We don't want that, right?"

"Right.." She nodded dejectedly.

"Alright, I'll call your parents and get them in here." The nurse told them before walking out of the room.

"Can't believe I can't play volleyball for the rest of the school year," Kazane frowned, looking more than just a little sad. Tobio bit his lip, he couldn't imagine what it would be like not to be able to play.

"You're awake! My baby!" Mrs. Kageyama came barreling into the room followed by her husband, who looked more composed than she did.

"Hi mom!" Kazane smiled as she hugged her, and Mrs. Kageyama smiled back.

"Mom, dad, can I talk to you outside?" Tobio asked, clearing his throat. Nodding hesitantly, the parents smiled back at their daughter before following their son out into the hall.