48. The Finals - Part Four

"Huh? Is that a setter change?" Tendou did his backbend at seeing Suagwara in instead of Tobio before sauntering off

"Huh? Is that a setter change?" Tendou did his backbend at seeing Suagwara in instead of Tobio before sauntering off. "That's so lame!"

"You've got this Goshiki!"

"Future Ace!"

"Right!" Goshiki nodded, the ball in his hands as he waited for the whistle to be blown. It was the start of the fifth set, which meant it only went to 15 points. There wasn't a cap so if they really battled it out they could go all the way up to twenty five, but Kazane highly doubted it.

Doing his jump serve, Goshiki hit it to Tanaka, who recieved it but it was slightly off. Suga sent it to Asahi, who slammed it on the sideline.

The next point, Tendou blocked the ball but it went out. "DAAAAMN! With the mid blocked I could tell you were gonna play it safe and go left! You're easy to read like a kid's book~" Tendou taunted, but the response it seemed wasn't what he wanted as he scowled.

The next play made Kazane's eyes widen as Suga got the point by hitting the ball like an actual wing spiker. "Holy crap~" She leaned back, but then fell over backwards. Washijo snorted.

"Smash it, bash it into peices..." Tendou sang softly. "Smash what? Their heart.. Until it ceases..."

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TELL ME WHEN WE'RE SUPPOSED TO SING TENDOU!!!"

"Ak! My bad Kazzy! I was having a moment!"

"With who? Yourself?!"

After a bit more bickering, and after Washijo called a timeout and told them off for not getting a very good start, the game continued. The next time Ushiwaka hit, it was a slam.

"Now that's a beautiful sight." Tendou mumbled as the ace went up to hit. "Celebrate~" He sang once the ball rocketed into the ground, the rest of the team cheering.

"Give it to em Ushiwaka!"

"Yeah! Send them a real nasty one!"

With those words lingering in the air, Ushiwaka tossed the ball up in the air, then served. Asahi shanked it, so Kazane excitedly marked an ace down next to Ushiwaka's name on her clipboard.

The next serve, Daichi got it up but Asahi had to save it. Suga set it over to Shirabu, who recieved it. "Yours Tendou!" He called.

"Right on~" The redhead grinned, doing his approach. However, he did a back set to Ushiwaka at the last second, which faked out Tsukishima so there was no block in their ace's way. Well done Tendou, Kazane thought as Ushiwaka got the kill. Way too open a path for him.

Nishinoya looked confused, but Kazane didn't really pay attention to that as she grinned at her team as they complimented Ushiwaka's hit. But suddenly, he said something unexpected. "To put it in Tendou's words," Kazane heard Ushiwaka say, her eyes darting to his figure. "I am excited."

Those words alone got the entire Shiratorizawa boys' team revved up. They even got a smirk out of Washijo! Kazane's own lips pulled up in a grin as the serve was called. Nishi and Daichi said it was out, but the line judges pointed it in.

"THAT'S THE WAY!" Kazane cheered, standing up and clapping. Ushiwaka glanced at her, and winked. Flushing, she sat back down and hid behind her clipboard as Washijo and Saito snickered at her.

"Looks like you lit a fire under our ace's ass~" Tendou sang as the ace served again. Karasuno had to send it over as a chance ball, allowing Shirabu to set it to Ushiwaka for a backrow attack. Kazane noticed, as she peaked around the side of her clipboard, that Ushiwaka was getting a bit pissed off by how persistent Tsukishima was with getting the block in his path. He still blew it off the blonde's hands, and got the point for it too so Kazane decided she didn't need to worry.

Tsukishima seemed to piss off Shirabu and Tendou too, with how they were growling at him. The next rally, however, decided the blonde salt factory's fate.

Ushiwaka had hit the ball, and it had grzed off Tsukishima's pinkie finger. The force had actually split it open, making it so the blonde had to step off the court to go get it bandaged. "Fare thee well googly eyes. Now let's go off on their asses." Tendou said.

"Obviously." Ushiwaka muttered, walking back to serve again. Daichi recieved it, and Suga set it to the new middle that had subbed in for Tsukishima. Tendou blocked it easily, but didn't get a kill from it as Suga recovered the ball. The next block, however, Tendou killed the ball. Suga looked up at him, and Tendou just smirked.

It was now 8-4, and Tendou was relishing in the cheers he was getting for the block. Kazane marked the block down under his name, smiling as she looked back up at the court. Then, something Suga said made the redhead's face darken. After that, the two teams switched sides. Ushiwaka missed the next serve, so Karasuno got the point.

The new middle blocker was the one to serve, and Reon got it up shakily. "Sorry!" He said as Ushiwaka went for the ball.

"Tendou!" The ace called, sending the ball at him. The redhead hit it over, making the other side shank it. However, Tanaka managed to recover it before it was too late, and passed it to Asahi for the final hit. However, the three man block stopped him easily. What no one expected was for Hinata to follow up with the ball by receiving it with his face. And for him to have actually done it intentionally!

Pissed Ushiwaka off, that's for sure. And Tendou. And the rest of their team.

Kazane was feeling murderous waved coming off of Ushiwaka, making her shudder. "You cold?"

"Ah, no, I'm fine." Kazane replied to Saito, who nodded but kept his eye on her just in case. The next play, Karasuno went for the Libero Sync Attack, which pissed Tendou off for whatever reason, and stopped him from doing his job. Kazane sweatdropped as Washijo got onto him for it.

"TENDOU!" Washijo growled. "I DON'T GIVE A CRAP IF YOU GUESSED WRONG, AT LEAST STICK YOUR ARMS UP! DON'T STAND THERE AND FEEL SORRY FOR YOURSELF, DO SOMETHING!"

"Yes sir..." Tendou gritted, obviously having been reprimanding himself before Washijo had started.

Tobio was switched in for Suga when it was his turn to serve, managing a pretty awesome serve for such a small break. And then, probably just to rub it in, Tobio and Hinata did the 'hit the ball straight down' thing, which pissed Shiratorizawa off even more than they already were. Seemed like it wasn't planned, because Kazane noted that Tobio looked pretty pissed off at Hinata too.

Several points later at 10-8, Eita was subbed in for Shirabu to serve. The serve was as good as it always was, getting an ace. Tendou cheered from the bench as the team celebrated before getting back into it. Karasuno took a time out, and from the looks on their faces, they were just about ready to throw in the towel.

The Shiratoziawa student section was loud, the cheer resonating through the entire gym as Kazane handed out the water bottles. Then, out of nowhere, Karasuno started trying to cheer louder. The Shiratorizawa stans weren't gonna let that happen, so they began singing the school anthem.

After the time out, Shiratorizawa was still holding the serve so Eita served again. Tanaka managed to get it up, but overpassed it. Reon recieved it, and Eita set it back to Ushiwaka, who hit it.

Kazane blinked. Ushiwaka blinked. The whole freaking stadium blinked as Hinata 'soft block'ed, if that's what you'd call it, it back to the other side and somehow got the point for it. "I am appauled."

"So am I." Saito agreed, his eyes latched onto Hinata's form. That point made it 12-10, Shiratorizawa still leading. The game would be close, but it would still be one to remember.