40: Alls Well That Ends Well

~Back to First Person brought to you by Kazane because I finally found a good representation~

"Hey Tendou?" I asked, looking back at him as he pushed my wheelchair.

"What up?" He returned, smiling at me with a hum. I smiled back before looking down sadly.

"I-uh, I remember Wakatoshi.."

"Oh yeah? That's awesome!" The redhead cheered, making me look up in surprise. "You have no idea how awkward it was, I'm just glad you remembered at all." He noticed my look and immediately corrected himself, "don't get me wrong, I loved having you reciprocate but uhhh I knew you just hadn't remembered so I guess it was bittersweet if that makes sense.."

"Yeah it does, thanks for everything Tendou." I told him sincerely, to which he just waved it off.

"Anything for the bestie~"

"Speaking of which, um.." I bit my lip, "I have no idea how I want to tell Wakatoshi.."

"Oh shit.." He frowned, thinking about it for a second. "I wouldn't know what to do in your case either..."

"I was hoping you'd have an idea.." I sighed, also frowning as I ran a hand through my hair.

"No worries! Also, why can't you just tell him straight out like you did when you confessed?" Tendou asked.

"It would be super awkward, because I kissed his best friend and just ahhh!" Burying my face in my hands, I grumbled some annoyances before I heard the male behind me start snickering. "What are you laughing at?" I gave him the stink eye, and he just snorted.

"You're scared he's not gonna want you back, huh?"

"N-No!" I yelped, but looked away. "Maybe.."

"Thought so. Don't let him slip away, you gotta pounce and assert that you remember and still want him!"

"So just straight out?" I gulped, "Okay, I'll try."

"You got this, it can't be more nerve racking than the first time." Tendou shrugged, "okay, we're here. Have a good day in classes, and don't think too hard~"

"Yeah yeah, thanks Tendou." I giggled, and we fist bumped before he left me in Kimura's care.

I wasn't allowed to do any work because of my concussion, which was both nice and annoying. It wasn't like I was going to go against it again because the first and only time I had tried to do some work to see if I got the material, I got the biggest headache of my life.

Lunch came and Tendou retrieved me from the classroom, allowing my mind a break from academics. However, on our way to the gym, Tendou winked before waving at someone. "Wakkuuun!"

"Hi Tendou." The ace turned, nodding to him before glancing down at me. I smiled at him, but desperately wanted to strangle the redhead behind me.

"I need to take a shit, mind watching over Kazzy for me please?"

"Sure." Ushiwaka nodded.

"Thanks, meet ya at the gyyym~" Tendou called as he jogged to the restroom. Lame excuse if I ever heard one, I thought to myself as I sighed.

"So, guess we're heading to the gym again today."

"Yeah." The ace nodded, "Mind holding this?"

"Oh, sure." I help his lunch in my lap as he started to wheel me towards the exit. "Um, Wakatoshi?"

"Yes?" He clearly noticed that I wasn't using his nickname by the surprise in his voice, making me giggle slightly.

"When we get outside, can we stop and talk for a second?"

"...Sure, I suppose so." His hesitance was clear in his voice, but I chose to ignore it as I mustered up my courage and self-hyped for the few seconds before we were revealed to the outside sun.

Parking me around the side of the building, Ushiwaka knelt down in front of me. "So, what is it you would like to discuss?"

Gulping, I took a deep breath before smiling at him. "I'm pretty sure you guessed it already, but I remember you." I told him, my gaze falling to the ground as my eyes filled with tears. "A-and I'm really sorry I didn't remember you sooner-" I was cut off as his hand touched my face, making me look up at him.

"There was nothing you could have done to speed it up, so I hold no grudge against you." His thumb wiped away the stray tear as my lip trembled, "You don't need to be sorry. I'm just thankful you remembered me at all. Even if I am jealous you remembered Tendou first." The ace admitted, making me giggle slightly.

"At least you're honest about it," I smiled. Then, I noticed Ushiwaka's eyes trailing down to my lips, making me lick them subconsciously.

Glancing back up to my eyes, the dark haired male slowly leaned in. Closing my eyes, I leaned forward as well. As our lips touched, I couldn't help the smile on my face as I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back.

"Ahem." Someone coughed, "I get you guys are happy to be back together and all but you are gonna spill your lunch bro."

"...Tendou, I'm going to murder you as soon as I get out of this wheel chair."

"Haha like to see you try!" He smirked, "just think of it as pay back for when he walked in in us~"

"...I'll kill him for you." Ushiwaka growled as he stood up, and Tendou yelped before taking off, Ushiwaka very close on his tail.

"Wow, leave me here all alone huh? What a pain.." I laughed, sighing at the end as I wheeled myself after the two best friends. I'm glad we're all back to normal.

(Happy birthday to muh dude OopSheSnapped!!! Hope you had an awesome birthday and that you're happy with the chapter~}

Merci!