37: Adjustments

(For all those who said you were cool with more angst, I decided against it just cause I think more angst would kill everybody. Or so I'd like to say... Everybody, get ready for aNgSt CiTy next chapter~}

Kazane laid in bed after her brother had left, pondering what he had told her

Kazane laid in bed after her brother had left, pondering what he had told her. When Tobio said she had lost her memories, of course she was confused as to why he had went along with her but then told the truth.

He explained that there were a lot of people that she had made friends with, and he was going to do his best to help her remember them before seeing them again.

There had been a few people that wanted him to do that, and so Tobio decided to help them by letting the Karasuno boys come to the hospital and visit.

"Hey Kazane, you ready?" Tobio peaked his head into the room. She was sitting up on her bed, playing on her phone. Looking up, the female nodded.

"Hey Kazane! You probably don't remember me, but I'm Yuu Nishinoya!" The libero yote himself into the room, Hinata following.

Tobio was only allowing two people in at a time because it might be a shock to remember too many things at once. So the first up were the shorties because they were the short straws~

"Oh, hi! Nice to, uh, remeet you!" Kazane laughed, Nishinoya grinning at her.

"D-do you remember me?" Hinata piped up, and Kazane glanced at him for a moment before she winced. It took a moment for her to get through the flashback, but she smiled at the ball of carrot.

"I think I do remember something... The aobajohsai game, you were the one that waved at me, right?"

"Yeah!" Hinata's whole body seemed to radiate happiness at her words. "Do you remember my name?"

"No, sorry.." The female grimaced, but Hinata shook his head.

"I-its okay! No rush! I'm Shoyo Hinata, nice to remeet you Kazane!"

"Thanks! You too!" She smiled back at him. The three chatted for a bit, and with no more progress, Tobio made them leave even as they were pleading for five more minutes.

"Hello." Tsukishima grumbled as he walked into the room, Tadashi trailing behind him looking excited but nervous.

"Hi! Wow you're tall."

"Yeah," The blonde narrowrd his eyes at her. She wasn't as fiery as he remembered. Maybe that was because she was recuperating or something, he reasoned. "I'm Kei Tsukishima."

"I'm Tadashi Yamaguchi.." The other male said, and so Kazane turned her attention to him. Another flashback as soon as she saw him, of him walking towards her with Tsuki trailing behind him.

"I remember you two!" Kazane said excitedly, making the dark haired male light up as Tsukishima stayed the same. "I see you salt factory!"

"Excuse me?"

"Are you gonna tell me you're not?"

"...I shouldn't have come."

~•~

The rest of the visits didn't really help much except for Tanaka, Suga and Daichi, but that was to be expected. That afternoon, Kazane was discharged.

She was giving a final check up, her leg getting a cast before she was put into a wheelchair. "We've sent your prescription to your pharmacy," The nurse explained as she rolled her out. "I've already told your parents so you'll be in good hands."

"Okay, thank you so much for all of this!" Kazane smiled gratefully at her, the nurse just waving it off as they arrived outside.

"Let's get you home, Kazane." Her father said, then nodded to the nurse before she went back inside. Once Kazane was in the car along with the wheelchair, they set off to the house where she was unloaded.

"The school has given permission for you to stay off campus while you're recuperating, but you will be required to move back into the dorms once you are able to walk." Her mother explained as they had dinner.

"That makes sense, thank you for handling this and sorry for all of the trouble." Kazane apologized, "I'll be more careful in the future so I'll never fall down stairs again."

"Good." Tobio grumbled. He, of course, hadn't told her what had really happened because their family had agreed not to, as it could greatly affect her mental health and trust in humanity.

"My boss has allowed me to start coming in later to send you to school, and I contacted your roommate Tendou, he'll be taking care of you at school."

"Oh, okay." The female nodded, feeling her heart pang at the mention of his name, but unsure of as to why.

"I would have you switch schools to Karasuno so Tobio could keep an eye on you, but that would be much more of a hassle so we decided against it." Her mother sighed, "anyway, you should get some sleep, you have school tomorrow!"

"Right, thank you mom!" Kazane said. Her twin wheeled her to her room, being a good brother as she claimed.

"See you tomorrow." He grumbled as he walked out.

"Thank you for all your help! I definitely owe you one!" She called after him, making him pause and turn back to her with a smirk.

"More than one, Kazane." He snickered before closing the door behind him. The female sighed, scooting herself into the bed and laying down. Man, this sucks, she thought to herself as she got out her phone.

She had gone through it to see if there was anyone she hadn't met yet that she had in the contacts, and she hadn't even had the people she remet that day in there!

Confusion whirled in her eyes as she slowly put the device down on her bedside table, looking up at the ceiling as she processed what had happened.

Sighing as she realized that there was no point on dwelling on the matter as it was late enough, Kazane let her eyes close.

~•~

"Kazane."

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry."

"It's no big deal, don't beat yourself up about it."

"Still, if I had been there-"

"No ifs, ands, or buts!"

"... Fine."

"Come on, gimme hugs!"

"Hmhm, alright.... I like you a lot."

"I like you more!"

"I like you most."

"I like you first!"

"...Yeah you probably did."

"...I'm gonna barf, what the heck did I just walk into?"

"Hey! Rude!"

"I don't want that to be the first thing I see walking into the gym! Like, ew! Volleyball gods please strike them down for their insolence!"

"Oh shut up you weirdo!"

"Who you calling a weirdo, weirdo?"

"True."

"Hey! You're supposed to be on my side!!"

"Sorry."