4: The Game Pt. 2

Hinata got blocked again, making the score 4-6

Hinata got blocked again, making the score 4-6. I did not look happy.

"Better snap out of it buddy, or you're gonna keep getting blocked." The blonde taunted Tobio, "Why not give him one of your royal sets?" He suggested, "the kind that wipe out your opponents, and your teammates at the same time!"

"THAT'S IT!" I pushed up my sleeves, starting to head down.

"Kazane, don't." Tobio gave me a look. I stared him down, but soon gave up with a sigh.

"Goddammit glasses, you're gonna get it when this is over." I grumbled under my breath, going back to my spot. The next serve was a miss, so it was Tobio's turn to serve. "You got this Tobi! Wreck em and show em you're the best!"

"Would you just shut up already and let me play? Geez you're annoying!" My twin rolled his eyes, spinning the ball.

"If you don't stop being such a grouchy pants, I'll invite Oikawa over for dinner next weekend!"

"DON'T YOU DARE!"

"THEN STOP YELLING AT ME WHEN I'M TRYING TO SUPPORT YOU!"

"Man, those two won't stop." Daichi sighed. Finally, Tobio served. Straight to the captain, who received it flawlessly.

Tsukishima set it to Tadashi, who hit it at Hinata. The ball shanked, so it was a point. "Did you think I was the weak spot?" Daichi directed the question to Tobio as Tanaka told him how receives were Daichi's specialties. "I may not have as much raw talent as you, but I've been training on receives a lot longer than you have."

"Yeah, way to show em!" I cheered.

"Whose side are you on?!" The other spectators demanded, me just shrugging.

"Nobody's!"

"Your grace! Shouldn't you be taking this more seriously?" Tsukishima asked.

"Dude what's the matter with you?" Hinata demanded, "Why do you keep picking on the guy? Chill out with the freakin nickname!"

"What for?" He asked, pointing at the black haired king. "Do you even know why everybody started calling him the king of the court?"

"I just thought his enemies called him that, because he's a really good player. And, well, everyone was so afraid of him." Hinata said, and I sighed. I really wanted to jump in, but I was going to respect my twin's wish and stay out of it.

"That's a common misunderstanding," Tsukishima laughed, "but it's just not true."

"Huh?"

"Well, if the rumors are to be believed, then his nickname king of the court was given to him by the other players of Kitagawa First." The blonde male explained, "yeah, that's right, by his own teammates. The truth is, they were not paying him a compliment, but calling him a tyrant. I've been hearing about it a long time but now that I've seen him play I'm convinced. He got benched at the finals because he was a domineering, power tripping dictator." He finished.