3: The Game Pt. 1

It was finally the end of the school week, and I was looking forward to seeing my brother

It was finally the end of the school week, and I was looking forward to seeing my brother. I got up at 6am and started getting ready, which sturred Goshiki from his sleep.

"Kaz? What are you doing?" He groaned, sitting up slightly and rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, did I wake you? Sorry.." I apologized as he looked at the clock.

"It's six in the morning on a Saturday, what are you doing?" Goshiki repeated, then yawned.

"I'm heading out, you can go back to sleep"

"What do you mean heading out? The cafeteria isn't even open yet, dumbass." He grumbled, laying back down.

"Just go back to sleep before you can't." I giggled.

"Fine, have fun I guess. See you." He hummed as he snuggled back into his pillow, his hair falling over his face as he went back to sleep.

Slipping my shoes on, I grabbed my Shiratorizawa jacket, volleyball bag, phone and keys before quietly making my way out the door.

It was a nice walk out of Shiratorizawa, the fresh morning air making me shiver slightly. When I saw a figure jogging towards me, I stopped and squinted. "Oh, hey Ushiwaka!" I greeted warmly as he grew closer.

"Hello Kazane." He nodded to me, pausing in his jog.

"Up already, morning jog?" I asked.

"Yes. And you?" The ace returned, to which I shrugged.

"I'm heading out to see my brother," I explained, "so I'd better go. Have fun on the rest of your run!"

"Thank you. Have a good day." Ushiwaka said, then continued to jog as I went to the entrance and exited the school grounds.

I met up with Tobio by our house street corner. "Morning little bro." I grinned as I ruffled his hair. Frowning, he fixed his hair as we started walking. "So how's school going?"

"It's fine, I don't really care about that." The male shrugged. "I'm a bit more positive about the outcome of the match though."

"That's good." I smiled happily, "School for me is going great, and volleyball is pretty fun too. I've become close friends with the boy's team too-"

"Really?!" Tobio turned to me, excitement in his eyes. "Tell me everything."

"Uh well there's a lot of people, my roommate is actually on the team, his name is Goshiki and he's a first year. Then there's Tendō, he's literally already my best friend he's just that awesomely weird." I laughed, then went on to describe everyone else.

"And what about your team?"

"I'm really excited about my team too," I smirked, "I don't think anyone can beat what we have going."